Download 2017

Hart Attack

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Why didn't you see Touche on their last tour? Think you told me but I can't remember also you're the first person I've seen to say they like the new Suicide Silence album. I only heard the singles and they thought they were absolute garbage

My friend had two tickets for the London date but it was on a week day, and because of work there was no way I could go :( and yeah I really don't mind it. Mind you, the only other Suicide Silence album I like is You Can't Stop Me. Eddie Hermida is a monster of a vocalist.  The Black Crown is decent but anything before that isn't for me. Deathcore isn't something I've ever been hugely fond of. 

Edited by Andre91

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

My friend had two tickets for the London date but it was on a week day, and because of work there was no way I could go :( and yeah I really don't mind it. Mind you, the only other Suicide Silence album I like is You Can't Stop Me. Eddie Hermida is a monster of a vocalist.  The Black Crown is decent but anything before that isn't for me. Deathcore isn't something I've ever been hugely fond of. 

Ah that's a shame but if you went all the way down to London you might have been disappointed as they didn't even play for an hour when I saw them (still managed to smash out a 20 song set though :P ). And really? Honestly I thought the vocals were pretty bad on those singles. Kept making weird voices. I thought it sounded dumb

I always make a list like Andre91's but I've never stuck to it and I'm so glad I didn't or I'd never have found Volbeat in 2013 or Halestorm in 2010 which was one of my all time sets. It's usually food, beer or yapping to randoms that upsets the schedule but we've kind of learnt to watch a whole set rather than dash off for someone else. Unless somebody is absolutely gash we'll stick with them. This usually means 5-7 bands a day.

This year so far it's looking like this:

Friday: Raven Age then main all day. Maybe krokodil if we can make it.

Sat: Hacktivist, Creeper, Alestorm, Lafontaines, Crown the Empire, AFI, Coheed and Cambria, ADTR, Biffy.

Sun: 2nd for Dead Daisies ----> Clutch then main for Alterbridge and Aerosmith.

There's not too many killer clashes just now but Devilskin/Clutch and Red Fang/Cadillac 3 are brutal. 

4 minutes ago, devilman said:

I always make a list like Andre91's but I've never stuck to it and I'm so glad I didn't or I'd never have found Volbeat in 2013 or Halestorm in 2010 which was one of my all time sets. It's usually food, beer or yapping to randoms that upsets the schedule but we've kind of learnt to watch a whole set rather than dash off for someone else. Unless somebody is absolutely gash we'll stick with them. This usually means 5-7 bands a day.

This year so far it's looking like this:

Friday: Raven Age then main all day. Maybe krokodil if we can make it.

Sat: Hacktivist, Creeper, Alestorm, Lafontaines, Crown the Empire, AFI, Coheed and Cambria, ADTR, Biffy.

Sun: 2nd for Dead Daisies ----> Clutch then main for Alterbridge and Aerosmith.

There's not too many killer clashes just now but Devilskin/Clutch and Red Fang/Cadillac 3 are brutal. 

I didn't have you down as an ADTR into Biffy kinda guy! 

Hated ADTR last time I saw them at Download. Gave them a listening to in my van and decided some of their stuff was ok. Went to Hydro to see them recently and they were pretty awesome. Jury is out and I'l give them a 3rd chance :)

Seen Biffy lots over the years, have none of their albums and would never choose to listen to them but their 2013 set at Leeds finally convinced me that there is actually something about them worth seeing live. Hydro since then was good too. Strange eh? I'd travel to see them but would never listen to any of their albums.

On 28/03/2017 at 7:15 PM, Andre91 said:

The album is flawless and so was their set in Manchester on Saturday. They are going to be SO big. Can't wait to see them at DL. They will get a massive, massive crowd. Black Rain might just be the best song on a debut album ever, for me. Utterly spectacular. 

Sorry, I was just reading but had to disagree with this. The Creeper album is great, but I'm not sure how you can justify that Black Rain is "the best song on a debut album ever". The "Best song on a debut album" statement got me thinking of the debut albums that I love.. It's all relative of course but here are mine:

Funeral for a friend - Bend your arms to look like wings

Parkway Drive - Romance is dead

City and colour - Casey's Song

Finch - New Beginnings/ Ender

These are just off the top of my head but there are many more that I could name which are better debut album songs than Black Rain. 

In my opinion of course... 

Edited by No Bukowski

6 hours ago, No Bukowski said:

Sorry, I was just reading but had to disagree with this. The Creeper album is great, but I'm not sure how you can justify that Black Rain is "the best song on a debut album ever". The "Best song on a debut album" statement got me thinking of the debut albums that I love.. It's all relative of course but here are mine:

Funeral for a friend - Bend your arms to look like wings

Parkway Drive - Romance is dead

City and colour - Casey's Song

Finch - New Beginnings/ Ender

These are just off the top of my head but there are many more that I could name which are better debut album songs than Black Rain. 

In my opinion of course... 

Don't be sorry, I've never heard so much shit in all my life!....and no that isn't based on your post.

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you're doing 5 nights camping don't forget to sign up for a postal vote for the General Election.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-postal-vote

N.B. if you're planning on voting UKIP or Conservative, ignore this message. It counts your vote automatically. :ninja:

Please make Download an election free zone.

By then we would have heard it talked to death with many Facebook/Twitter experts.

Oh, and we can do without the bands doing some election rant before each song too.

Could do without my favourite festival of the year turning into a 5 day version of Question Time.Ha ha.

26 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Please make Download an election free zone.

By then we would have heard it talked to death with many Facebook/Twitter experts.

Oh, and we can do without the bands doing some election rant before each song too.

Could do without my favourite festival of the year turning into a 5 day version of Question Time.Ha ha.

Ignore the joke I made, I'm not trying to turn this into that.

But importantly, Download will be an election free zone, that's why you should sign up if you intend to vote. :P Plus you can post your vote weeks before it's properly swung into action, and tune out from it while preparing for Download.

On 4/22/2017 at 0:55 PM, Moey said:

Ivan leaves FFDP?? Wtf.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:30 PM, JSmurphy said:

ps://fivefingerdeathpunch.com/blogs/news/ivan-moody-sets-the-record-straight

With his stage walk offs, meltdowns and erratic behaviour, there's no smoke without fire. It's only a matter of time now before FFDP implode. I just hope it's after June.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Has it been mentioned anywhere whether Four Year Strong will be playing 'Rise or Die Trying' in full? 

I hope not. Don't mind that album but that sort of thing should be reserved for tours only. It's alright at fests where it's a massively known album and band, but how many of the DL punters give two shits about 'Rise or Die Trying'.

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

50 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Anyone got a clashfinder that has the end to Sunday right? Only ones that ive seen have there being no clash with Aerosmith and Dillinger, when think they are clashing arent they? 

Third has closed before main headliner the past couple of years so I should think they won't clash, unless that's been confirmed by Maverick.