Download 2017

Hart Attack

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well Mr Copping just got shafted!, the amount of Saturday tickets to not sell now will be a fair bit.

Yeah cos they'll all rush out to buy all the Glastonbury tickets still available instead...

Announcement tomorrow at 9.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah cos they'll all rush out to buy all the Glastonbury tickets still available instead...

Announcement tomorrow at 9.

No, but there is now a pool of 135k + that can see them without a clash they are likely to be bothered with or prioritize over instead of another £90 + £20 to part a car etc. There are a lot of people that like heavy stuff that will go Glasto just for a party....plus there is a resale. A mate of mine loves Bloodstock but still enjoys Glasto. 

Well really happy with the announcement. In particular Sikth on the main stage will be great and my first time seeing them since their 2007 farewell tour. 

For those who went to last year do you have to queue for ages to see NXT? Also can you watch it from ouside the tent. Would like to still be able to go to the bar etc.

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

Well really happy with the announcement. In particular Sikth on the main stage will be great and my first time seeing them since their 2007 farewell tour. 

For those who went to last year do you have to queue for ages to see NXT? Also can you watch it from ouside the tent. Would like to still be able to go to the bar etc.

You can watch from outside yeah, they have a screen set up. The only show I watched in the tent last year I got in the queue straight away as the show before finished but it didn't feel like I queued all that long.

43 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You can watch from outside yeah, they have a screen set up. The only show I watched in the tent last year I got in the queue straight away as the show before finished but it didn't feel like I queued all that long.

Ah ace thank you. Will be able to watch bits and pieces on Friday and Saturday from outside then. Sunday I'm gonna probably go to both shows if it is a similar set up to last year. Not sure if I fancy doing both inside though.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bought my ticket this week :D had a look at the clashfinder and I know it's obviously not accurate, but going by it my weekend looks like this: 

Northlane > Motionless In White > The Devil Wears Prada > Code Orange > Mastodon > Four Year Strong > Five Finger Death Punch > Prophets of Rage > Sum 41 > System Of A Down 

Hacktivist > Creeper > Sikth > Suicide Silence > Knuckle Puck > Casey > Max & Iggor Cavalera > AFI > The Story So Far > A Day To Remember > Biffy Clyro 

Grove Street Families > Blood Youth > Dead! > Dinosaur Pile-Up > Touché Amoré > The King Blues > Clutch > Basement > Moose Blood > Slayer > Aerosmith

If it stays similar to that I'll be ecstatic. Best DL lineup ever for me. 

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I finally bought my ticket this week :D had a look at the clashfinder and I know it's obviously not accurate, but going by it my weekend looks like this: 

Northlane > Motionless In White > The Devil Wears Prada > Code Orange > Mastodon > Four Year Strong > Five Finger Death Punch > Prophets of Rage > Sum 41 > System Of A Down 

Hacktivist > Creeper > Sikth > Suicide Silence > Knuckle Puck > Casey > Max & Iggor Cavalera > AFI > The Story So Far > A Day To Remember > Biffy Clyro 

Grove Street Families > Blood Youth > Dead! > Dinosaur Pile-Up > Touché Amoré > The King Blues > Clutch > Basement > Moose Blood > Slayer > Aerosmith

If it stays similar to that I'll be ecstatic. Best DL lineup ever for me. 

This is why me and you shouldn't attend the same festivals haha, I'd make an effort at this moment to see 5 of the acts you have chosen, I could add two for all I want. The annoying thing with Sum 41 though will be they'll do The Hell Song and Over My Head....you might squeeze in Motivation being as it'll be a shorter set than their own shows then it'll be the shit until the main stuff when SOAD set it on. It's one of those where leaving 15 probably before System start will be needed for a good spot.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

This is why me and you shouldn't attend the same festivals haha, I'd make an effort at this moment to see 5 of the acts you have chosen, I could add two for all I want. The annoying thing with Sum 41 though will be they'll do The Hell Song and Over My Head....you might squeeze in Motivation being as it'll be a shorter set than their own shows then it'll be the shit until the main stuff when SOAD set it on. It's one of those where leaving 15 probably before System start will be needed for a good spot.

Oh I only plan on catching 30/40 mins max of Sum 41. I've seen them before and I know my friends want to see some of them too, but we will clear off in time to get to SOAD. 

I've seen a lot of the bands before, including Code Orange who are top of my list and who I'm super excited to see again. They were unreal supporting Gojira. For me they're the most exciting band around at the moment and their album is my album of the year by a huge margin.

Plenty of bands I haven't seen before I'm really hyped for like Touché Amoré (who had my album of the year last year), Mastodon, Casey, Suicide Silence (I really like the latest album) and Max & Iggor Cavalera (seeing Roots in full is a dream. One of my favourite albums ever). 

As you can tell, I'm really looking forward to June. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh I only plan on catching 30/40 mins max of Sum 41. I've seen them before and I know my friends want to see some of them too, but we will clear off in time to get to SOAD. 

I've seen a lot of the bands before, including Code Orange who are top of my list and who I'm super excited to see again. They were unreal supporting Gojira. For me they're the most exciting band around at the moment and their album is my album of the year by a huge margin.

Plenty of bands I haven't seen before I'm really hyped for like Touché Amoré (who had my album of the year last year), Mastodon, Casey, Suicide Silence (I really like the latest album) and Max & Iggor Cavalera (seeing Roots in full is a dream. One of my favourite albums ever). 

As you can tell, I'm really looking forward to June. 

I don't think you'll touch 40 mins of Sum 41 personally, that'll come down to how much they clash though. If I was going and seeing Sum 41 for the 1st time I'd hate it but saw them on their last tour so not a huge issue.

TBF it's not the worst I have seen for Download, don't get me wrong for the money it's not worth it for me at all, Sunday is just a re-booked 2014 and I believe it's the most over priced major UK Festival with company that once you have paid up and are there don't give a shit, but the toilets aren't the worst!.....Reading is riding it very high past two years but they benefit from cheaper day tickets.

If I hadn't seen SOAD before I think I'd have to go for it but as I have I think I'll wait for a UK date, not that they weren't good but I feel it'll come across a lot better in an inside venue.

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Why didn't you see Touche on their last tour? Think you told me but I can't remember also you're the first person I've seen to say they like the new Suicide Silence album. I only heard the singles and they thought they were absolute garbage