Download 2017

Hart Attack

On 1/19/2017 at 5:57 PM, Little Sparrow said:

Architects would be right to take a Main Stage slot at R&L over Download. They might not get another shot at it and it's exactly the kind of thing that can really help a band take the step to the next level. Plus Download will be practically begging them to come back and play the Main Stage next year anyway.

They have also played Reading main stage in 2011, fyi.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yer basic day and weekend tickets are now on DICE - which means you can buy tickets without fees via the app. Very surprised considering Live Nation is Ticketmaster. Good news that.

Unfortunately that doesn't really seem to be the case this time. Still have the £10 booking fee included in the weekend ticket price, they've just shaved off the £3.45 delivery.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

ADTR were in stunning form last night.

Yeah they were great despite me losing my phone during I'm Made of Wax Larry :lol:

1 hour ago, deadash321 said:

Daniel P Carter just let slip that Dillinger Escape Plan are playing and that the next announcement is Wednesday, so I'm guessing a Kerrang announcement. 

Good news even though I feel like TDEP were expected anyway

Also Converge have been announced for ATG as a UK exclusive so we can rule them out which is a bit disappointing as I thought they were going to play considering they're playing at DL France

12 hours ago, justanothername said:

Yeah they were great despite me losing my phone during I'm Made of Wax Larry :lol:

Good news even though I feel like TDEP were expected anyway

Also Converge have been announced for ATG as a UK exclusive so we can rule them out which is a bit disappointing as I thought they were going to play considering they're playing at DL France

Did you get your phone back, dude? My friend dislocated his shoulder during Mr. Highway and had to go straight to hospital, so he missed the rest of it! Killer.  

ADTR at the Hydro was mental. I put 3 people in difficulty over the barrier and lost count of the surfers over my head. One of the security said that over 600 had gone over the barrier, a new Hydro record. They were on fire, it's just a shame that NFG and Neck Deep were on before them. Utter pish.

How much of the seating was used? Reckon they'd be an excellent sub regardless btw. Just a curiosity thing.

Evanescence might be a shout as a sub, and they might have been waiting for the two London shows to do well. ATDR are obviously the more likely, but just looking to add a bit of confusion here. :P

Oh, cool story. I crowd surfed over the barrier during Downfall and got to fist bump Jeremy :P that was my night made!  

The gig on the whole was phenomenal. Moose Blood were seriously impressive. They filled the arena. Neck Deep were brilliant, the best I've seen them. Their set was so much fun. NFG were NFG. Nothing noteworthy but good for a singalong. ADTR were incredible. Definitely a worthy sub and more than capable of pulling off arenas. Next album cycle could arguably see them ready to step up and headline Download, I think. 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Next album cycle could arguably see them ready to step up and headline Download, I think. 

If Copping currently thinks BMTH aren't big enough to headline (or are at least small enough to be bumped down in favour of another headliner as the story goes) then there ain't a chance in hell ADTR are getting bumped up to headliner any time soon. Metallica/Slipknot/Iron Maiden for the next ten years.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Did you get your phone back, dude? My friend dislocated his shoulder during Mr. Highway and had to go straight to hospital, so he missed the rest of it! Killer.  

Nah I didn't. Phone was a bit fucked up anyway and wasn't that expensive and I don't imagine dropping out of my pocket in the pit has done it any good either so I'm getting a new one today. Bit paranoid that I'll lose it at The Wonder Years tomorrow though. Actually more annoyed that we didn't get into The Key Club after :P .

That sucks about your mate and what's worst is that he didn't even make it past the first song. My mate had his ear a bit busted up and thinks he needs a stretcher a size lager.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

How much of the seating was used? Reckon they'd be an excellent sub regardless btw. Just a curiosity thing.

Looked quite decent. Not all of it was open but of what was there they used a lot of it.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Oh, cool story. I crowd surfed over the barrier during Downfall and got to fist bump Jeremy :P that was my night made!  

The gig on the whole was phenomenal. Moose Blood were seriously impressive. They filled the arena. Neck Deep were brilliant, the best I've seen them. Their set was so much fun. NFG were NFG. Nothing noteworthy but good for a singalong. ADTR were incredible. Definitely a worthy sub and more than capable of pulling off arenas. Next album cycle could arguably see them ready to step up and headline Download, I think. 

Wanted to crowd surf but I was still too a bit sad about losing my phone and didn't want to drop anything else. I've seen Moose Blood better but they're still good and Neck Deep were killer as always and tbh NFG were a bit boring at times. Even my Friends Over You didn't do much for me but at least it passed the time I guess. Also what was with the doors being at 5:30 then Moose Blood coming on at 6:30. Me and my mates were bored waiting for ages.

Edited by justanothername

15 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Nah I didn't. Phone was a bit fucked up anyway and wasn't that expensive and I don't imagine dropping out of my pocket in the pit has done it any good either so I'm getting a new one today. Bit paranoid that I'll lose it at The Wonder Years tomorrow though. Actually more annoyed that we didn't get into The Key Club after :P .

That sucks about your mate and what's worst is that he didn't even make it past the first song. My mate had his ear a bit busted up and thinks he needs a stretcher a size lager.

Looked quite decent. Not all of it was open but of what was there they used a lot of it.

Wanted to crowd surf but I was still too a bit sad about losing my phone and didn't want to drop anything else. I've seen Moose Blood better but they're still good and Neck Deep were killer as always and tbh NFG were a bit boring at times. Even my Friends Over You didn't do much for me but at least it passed the time I guess. Also what was with the doors being at 5:30 then Moose Blood coming on at 6:30. Me and my mates were bored waiting for ages.

Ahh that's not too much of a buzz killer for you, then. And yeah it did suck for him. He has a history of dislocating that shoulder. Just wish it had come after Homesick which is his fave song :P 

I was also put out about not getting into Key Club! We took one look at the queue and decided not to even bother. It was ridiculous. Call Lane served its purpose, though. 

I'm going to TWY on Friday, man, so let me know how tomorrow goes! I'm so so excited for it. 

Edited by Andre91

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Ahh that's not too much of a buzz killer for you, then. And yeah it did suck for him. He has a history of dislocating that shoulder. Just wish it had come after Homesick which is his fave song :P 

I was also put out about not getting into Key Club! We took one look at the queue and decided not to even bother. It was ridiculous. Call Lane served its purpose, though. 

I'm going to TWY on Friday, man, so let me know how tomorrow goes! I'm so so excited for it. 

That's a bit shit. Think I was still a bit bummed out then. We didn't even get in the queue. My mate's girlfriend got there earlier and said it was huge so we went to her mates flat and got drunk there.

Can't wait for tonight and I'll let you know how they are. Love Tiny Moving Parts and PUP so they should both be sick as well. Going to the Manchester date as well. So pumped for these shows after missing out on their intimate tour 

3 hours ago, 6daviesdr said:

That bst green day support day is nice...

Be great to have hives slot in under good Charlotte on 2nd stage friday.

Would have thought that would have ruled them out though. Know that BST doesn't do Download style days often but they didn't share any acts when Sabbath played in 2014

Anyone any idea how much these War Child gigs usually are as I'm off work on Friday so going to try for Biffy Clyro being as it's in a small intimate venue. I know it's not going to be very cheap but get away with £40?

This Download announcement just going to be in Kerrang or are we expecting a leak on here later tonight?

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Anyone any idea how much these War Child gigs usually are as I'm off work on Friday so going to try for Biffy Clyro being as it's in a small intimate venue. I know it's not going to be very cheap but get away with £40?

This Download announcement just going to be in Kerrang or are we expecting a leak on here later tonight?

Biffy tickets are £50 + booking fee for the gig so will be £57.37 via TicketWeb

Most of the other ones are around £20 (that's what I paid for BMTH last year)

Edited by AndrewSmith