• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Red Day said:

Assuming you've won some.  If so congrats

Thanks, I did. I did that whole Kerrang 5 bands each day you could apply for, you had to reply I believe with your name and another person you'd take or something and just randomly had then come through the post yesterday then remembered shit I applied. Even better so I have a random day of holiday the next day.

1 hour ago, Little Sparrow said:

i know everyone is set on ADTR being sub under Biffy, which is does appear so, especially as we can now rule out Royal Blood who are playing a festival in America the same weekend as Download.

They were already with Bonnaroo.

5 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Nice one, well done.

Been a massive Sabbath fan all my life so I'm going to the last ever date on the Saturday In Birmingham.

what date are you going to?

Thanks, the 2nd man. Bit poor they are only doing 13 songs a set now mind.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

But Black Sabbath are these days :P

It's free haha, tbf though there are some acts people couldn't pay me to go see either.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'm would genuinely laugh if they were the sub to Biffy.

That would be just bizarre. Surely it's ADTR. I mean, I guess they could play third on the Sunday beneath Alter Bridge? More likely is that Download realise they haven't been relevant in over a decade, so haven't been booked :P

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That would be just bizarre. Surely it's ADTR. I mean, I guess they could play third on the Sunday beneath Alter Bridge? More likely is that Download realise they haven't been relevant in over a decade, so haven't been booked :P

Well they've continued booking bands that haven't been relevant in a  decade similarly.

I don't expect it to be them mind, I see want to see them mind but never quite had the festival day I saw making it worth it.

Just got a bandsintown notification about Code Orange touring. Looks like they're supporting Gojira in March. Haven't seen either band announce this but bandsintown has done things like this before. Probably be announced soon but thought I'd say it anyway as it might be of interest to some (particularly you @Andre91)

Also speaking of bandsintown leaks. Knuckle Puck are playing Deaf Institute in Manchester on the Sunday of Download so if you want to see Knuckle Puck but can't/don't want to go Download there you go (maybe other shows I don't know).

EDIT: That Knuckle Puck show is odd. It's on their website buy hasn't been announced anywhere else. Can't find tickets for either on any site. Anyway still worth sharing I guess

Edited by justanothername

On that's not metal podcast, code orange said they are opening up for a band in the uk in the spring, which I was hoping would be deftones considering they supported them in the us, but if it's gojira I'm just as happy!

also, they said they are playing festivals in the uk this summer, hoping for dl as thy are playing the Madrid one

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Evanescence playing in London on June 14th, no clear space they could fill on the Download lineup though.

I'm sure it's instead of Download. It's pretty common for large bands not doing a festival here to chuck in a midweek London show among European fests 'cos the UK is a pretty big market. And whenever bands are doing Download AND a London show, I think they announce Download first - or they usually do.

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

Just got a bandsintown notification about Code Orange touring. Looks like they're supporting Gojira in March. Haven't seen either band announce this but bandsintown has done things like this before. Probably be announced soon but thought I'd say it anyway as it might be of interest to some (particularly you @Andre91)

Also speaking of bandsintown leaks. Knuckle Puck are playing Deaf Institute in Manchester on the Sunday of Download so if you want to see Knuckle Puck but can't/don't want to go Download there you go (maybe other shows I don't know).

EDIT: That Knuckle Puck show is odd. It's on their website buy hasn't been announced anywhere else. Can't find tickets for either on any site. Anyway still worth sharing I guess

Yes, mate! Absolutely made up with Code Orange being added to that. I was thinking about going along anyway but this has swung it for me. Magma was in my top five albums of last year and the Code Orange one is absolutely incredible. All over this. 

With things like that you have to accept that just because a band pulled out with illness or whatever, it doesn't mean they will or should drop everything to play that festival again the next year. If something bigger comes up for those bands - i.e: Architects getting a Main Stage slot at R+L, Ghost getting a U.S support slot for Maiden - they will and should take them. The promoters won't give a shit either way as in both these cases, those two bands getting more exposure will only help their festival in the long run anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

With things like that you have to accept that just because a band pulled out with illness or whatever, it doesn't mean they will or should drop everything to play that festival again the next year. If something bigger comes up for those bands - i.e: Architects getting a Main Stage slot at R+L, Ghost getting a U.S support slot for Maiden - they will and should take them. The promoters won't give a shit either way as in both these cases, those two bands getting more exposure will only help their festival in the long run anyway. 

Personally I kind of think if it's the Architects case they should return to play where they were going to should they be around as long as the fest is giving them a spot equal to their stature that year later. If they are 4th fort ex main R&L then they are easily 4th from top at Download.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I kind of think if it's the Architects case they should return to play where they were going to should they be around as long as the fest is giving them a spot equal to their stature that year later. If they are 4th fort ex main R&L then they are easily 4th from top at Download.

Way more exposure at R+L though, especially with the possibility of it being filmed for TV. It's not like Download offered them a Main Stage slot last year anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Way more exposure at R+L though, especially with the possibility of it being filmed for TV. It's not like Download offered them a Main Stage slot last year anyway. 

I know but they could this year if they wanted them back, but yes there is that element. I guess in a way if a band like that are one that R&L want to book they should go for it.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I know but they could this year if they wanted them back, but yes there is that element. I guess in a way if a band like that are one that R&L want to book they should go for it.

Not every year you get offered a shot at the Main Stage of R+L, which for a band like that is too much of a chance to turn down. Download isn't going anywhere and will take them back next year, hopefully on Main

13 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think it necessarily means he has other commitments that weekend, could simply be that he's on an exclusive deal to play NME Stage at R+L. Can't exactly see him rocking up at Isle of Wight. Could be an American tour I guess though, but as I said, doesn't mean he's definitely busy. 

Potentially but i think it's more likely he is touring European festivals at the same time and they couldn't fit it into his touring schedule than him being an exclusive anywhere, could see him cropping up at Glastonbury as one of the token heavy acts off the back of Modern Ruin.