Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone heard of Perturbator? He's this French DJ who makes this really heavy EDM/Synth music but with a proper black metal aesthetic. It's quite different. 

I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere (possibly TNM) that he has a slot at Download this year that will surprise a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Got a friend who's really into this guy. I don't really get it myself and not sure how it would go down at Download tbh. 

Yeah I don't get it either. He's playing quite high up on the black/death metal stage at Hellfest, though. 

I've heard reviews of his shows and they're supposedly full of people who turn up wearing corpse paint :lol: 

But in all seriousness Perturbator sounds pretty great. Can see the Black Metal aesthetic but it's not my first reaction but love that 80s dystopian future kinda vibe. Pretty great overall though.

EDIT: Just went to check and of course this guy featured on the Hotline Miami soundtrack :lol: 

Edited by justanothername

Have any of you guys that are into hardcore checked out Code Orange's 'Forever' that came out on Friday? It's absolutely fantastic. If you like your stuff super heavy and sludgy and full of beatdowns, I highly recommend checking it out. It's excellently produced and really adventurous and forward thinking. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Have any of you guys that are into hardcore checked out Code Orange's 'Forever' that came out on Friday? It's absolutely fantastic. If you like your stuff super heavy and sludgy and full of beatdowns, I highly recommend checking it out. It's excellently produced and really adventurous and forward thinking. 

Code orange are an incredible band and forever proves that. Saw them support bane at the underworld and they killed it. They are playing download festival madrid so im hoping they get added to the UK lineup. 

59 minutes ago, losing44 said:

Code orange are an incredible band and forever proves that. Saw them support bane at the underworld and they killed it. They are playing download festival madrid so im hoping they get added to the UK lineup. 

I bet that show was absolute chaos! I'd love to see them over here some time soon. 

Yeah I listened to the new Code Orange album and it's pretty good. Do prefer their debut back when they were Code Orange Kids though. Way more carthatic and chaotic but this new album does have some cool ideas and so great tracks. Would love to see them. Saw their set at Gorilla in Manchester and it looks nuts. Also Kurt Ballou's production is top notch as always

Edited by justanothername

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

TBH I'd not heard of them but gave them a spin after reading your post.  Cracking stuff, so thanks