Download 2017

Hart Attack

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The SOAD day is very strong. FFDP and Mastodon could play sub and third down respectively and nobody would bat an eyelid. 

i don't think i've heard a note of their music but i was surprised to see them third down again as they've gotten pretty damn big since their last appearance - thought they'd be headlining second stage at least this time round

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah AFI aren't subbing, AC said as much on twitter. One would assume that they're third down, judging by them being a logo band. ADTR to be announced after their tour in January makes lots of sense. 

Sum 41 / Good Charlotte as the second stage top two for Friday also confirmed. Brilliant double booking there but a bummer than I'll have to miss Sum 41 for SOAD. 

The most interesting thing about this announcement is the Avalanche Stage. Looks like it is really trying to make a dent in Slam Dunk's client base. Some great bookings on that stage for sure. 

Other great bookings include Ministry (who have never played DL before) and getting Mastodon fourth down is a steal. Coheed is also another nice booking, would like to see them sub Zombie, but I think that slot is reserved for Ghost who I think will be announced later on, too. 

As for bands to come, already said about ADTR looking likely to sub Biffy, but I'm going for Steel Panther to slot between Alter Bridge and Airbourne, to make the top three the exact same as 2014. I don't think it really matters. 

Overall a fantastic announcement, which has me really excited for DL. 

Fair, even 3rd down for AFI is pushing is though. Sum 41/GC was obvious but how are they top two 2nd stage acts? 

If that happened on Saturday I'd be tempted just for a Saturday tickets and hope something else pops up. Simple Plan are clearly going to go against Aerosmith.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

The SOAD day is very strong. FFDP and Mastodon could play sub and third down respectively and nobody would bat an eyelid. 

That's the issue because they shouldn't play sub and 3rd down, I've seen nothing to see why they should. It's strong if you like it lol, for you it's great, for me it's terrible lol.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i don't think i've heard a note of their music but i was surprised to see them third down again as they've gotten pretty damn big since their last appearance - thought they'd be headlining second stage at least this time round

You know 2nd stage nowadays for Download is 3rd at the very highest?, you shouldn't be surprised to see 4th down top that stage now....Sum 41 for eg and it's pushing it there. Rob Zombie and Slayer I can agree agree with.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Other great bookings include Ministry (who have never played DL before) and getting Mastodon fourth down is a steal. Coheed is also another nice booking, would like to see them sub Zombie, but I think that slot is reserved for Ghost who I think will be announced later on, too. 

Ghost only played this year. Subbed third stage or something. Them and Gojira will probably be opening for Metallica around the US over the summer or something.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Simple Plan are clearly going to go against Aerosmith.

They're on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Fair, even 3rd down for AFI is pushing is though. Sum 41/GC was obvious but how are they top two 2nd stage acts? 

If that happened on Saturday I'd be tempted just for a Saturday tickets and hope something else pops up. Simple Plan are clearly going to go against Aerosmith.

That's the issue because they shouldn't play sub and 3rd down, I've seen nothing to see why they should. It's strong if you like it lol, for you it's great, for me it's terrible lol.

Simple Plan won't be clashing with Aerosmith. Another AC Twitter confirmation. 

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ghost only played this year. Subbed third stage or something. Them and Gojira will probably be opening for Metallica around the US over the summer or something.

They're on Saturday.

Ghost pulled out this year and AC has said on Twitter he wants them back so thats why I think they'll be back. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Paris had an announcement too. Mostly same names. Suicidal Tendencies, Rancid and Converge probably the biggest names not to cross over (yet) tho I suspect Rancid are a package deal with Green Day and will play all their outdoor shows and festivals.

Yeah Rancid will sub Green Day at BST I reckon. Great booking for them. 

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Simple Plan won't be clashing with Aerosmith. Another AC Twitter confirmation. 

I haven't seen any of these Twitter things when look for when. But Simple Plan Saturday is great, surely finishing that 3rd stage before Biffy start though? 

Obviously I wouldn't have mentioned any of their placings if I knew their was confirmations.

I hope it's not ADTR as that is a clash with SP on 3rd anyway.

Edited by thewayiam

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost pulled out this year and AC has said on Twitter he wants them back so thats why I think they'll be back. 

Oh I see. I still wouldn't anticipate them doing European fests this summer and they'll return 2017; again, with their parent band.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah Rancid will sub Green Day at BST I reckon. Great booking for them. 

I'm sure they'll be on the supporting line up but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a bigger sub if BST have a hand in it. Kaiser Chiefs in between. :lol:

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I haven't seen any of these Twitter things when look for when. But Simple Plan Saturday is great, surely finishing that 3rd stage before Biffy start though? 

Obviously I wouldn't have mentioned any of their placings if I knew their was confirmations.

I hope it's not ADTR as that is a clash with SP on 3rd anyway.

You have to look at the tweets he's replied to with stuff like YES and NO. Brings up the tweet he is answering. 

If you ever choose Simple Plan over ADTR then you're an absolute mad man :lol: also I don't see why they would finish that stage early because of Biffy, as they don't share a fan base with Simple Plan. Biffy make excellent music, Simple Plan make gutter swill. 

Edited by Andre91

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You have to look at the tweets he's replied to with stuff like YES and NO. Brings up the tweet he is answering. 

If you ever choose Simple Plan over ADTR then you're an absolute mad man :lol: 

I've seen them.

Well I'm not lol as I like both and ADTR I saw most recent, albeit a while ago now, but I can see this being some stupid idea like this year with 3 clashes and there being a ADTR, AFI and Simple Plan clash. I would hope he staggers to top 4 at least to avoid.

Edited by thewayiam

That's an interesting point about them challenging Slam Dunk. A lot of pressure will be on them now, not just to deliver a good lineup, but also to deliver a good festival. There was a hell of a lot of unhappy people about the various queues and shambles at some of dates this year, if anything like that happens again this year, I reckon a lot of those people will just fuck it off in future, especially if you've got 2000 Trees booking those sort of acts too. 

Don't know if this one's been picked up, but Coheed on the Saturday will not sub Zombie. Guess third or fourth down perhaps? Fourth more likely. 

Shame that. I'm expecting to be there for the Sunday for Aerosmith and Coheed would have been a fine booking. 

If we can get Ministry on the Sunday, that's a winner for me. 

52 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Don't know if this one's been picked up, but Coheed on the Saturday will not sub Zombie. Guess third or fourth down perhaps? Fourth more likely. 

Shame that. I'm expecting to be there for the Sunday for Aerosmith and Coheed would have been a fine booking. 

If we can get Ministry on the Sunday, that's a winner for me. 

Are they not subbing? no doubt they'd clash them with AFI, seems like the sort of ridiculous clash that they always manage to make.

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Fantastic line-up for me personally so far.

Gulp......Well done Andy

Thing is he shouldn't have trouble booking a good lineup, there is no competition for him with Soni gone and R&L only use Download like bands when they have either played it the previous year or two or the holding company above then both want to keep a big headliner from others.

The lineup has raised my interest a lot more now. It needed to as well. The top three on the main stage on every day definitely could have my attention, depending on who it is on the Sunday behind Alter Bridge, since there does appear to be something missing.

A Day to Remember or Limp Bizkit in the sub slot, with ADTR probably the best bet for it. Which would keep me interested.

The Avalanche stage is also very intriguing and second stage looking good. 4th stage can f**k the f**k off though.