Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, theramm said:

Still think Blink will sub Biffy at Download UK. Announced in the new year after their tour has sold out. Normally it wouldn't be the case but given their unique situation with Travis not flying it makes sense for them to cram in the most dates possible whilst in Europe.

not a chance. in the UK they're still a festival headliner, and i doubt Download, a festival who's pool of headliners is shrinking every year, would waste them on a sub slot. they'd book them as a headliner if they could

Last night in Notts was magical. Seriously one of the most incredible, commanding and spine-tingling performances I've ever had the priveledge of seeing. 

The crowd was incredible, the band was on form like no other (all three bands, actually) and the part at the end before Gone With The Wind Sam stopped to address the crowd was like nothing I've everexperienced before in seven years of gig going. The entire crowd was silent. You could hear a pin drop. It was so emotional. The "Thank you Tom" chants moved Sam to tears and a lot of the crowd too. 

It was just a seriously, seriously impressive night. This band deserve every bit of success that comes their way (and oh, it will definitely come their way). 

They deserve to play third down Main or headline second at Download. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It was just a seriously, seriously impressive night. This band deserve every bit of success that comes their way (and oh, it will definitely come their way). 

Sounds amazing! I think they could make a return to DL next year with a decent slot too like you said.

Sticking to bands, who else can we expect/think will be announced on the undercard?

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Last night in Notts was magical. Seriously one of the most incredible, commanding and spine-tingling performances I've ever had the priveledge of seeing. 

The crowd was incredible, the band was on form like no other (all three bands, actually) and the part at the end before Gone With The Wind Sam stopped to address the crowd was like nothing I've everexperienced before in seven years of gig going. The entire crowd was silent. You could hear a pin drop. It was so emotional. The "Thank you Tom" chants moved Sam to tears and a lot of the crowd too. 

Couldn't agree more! Saw them on Saturday in Manc and never been to a better gig! BT knocked it out of the park but then Architects were simply phenomenal. And like you say, the emotions and atmosphere was off the charts. Would be sad to see them only get big off the back of what happened, but they deserve it so I can overlook it

1 hour ago, OscarEB said:

Couldn't agree more! Saw them on Saturday in Manc and never been to a better gig! BT knocked it out of the park but then Architects were simply phenomenal. And like you say, the emotions and atmosphere was off the charts. Would be sad to see them only get big off the back of what happened, but they deserve it so I can overlook it

They didn't get big off the back of that. They were already well on their way there, and had this tour before we knew about it. They've been increasing in size for a while now.

It does them a disservice, and at worst, it is absolutely false to say that they are getting big on the back of what happened.

I struggle to think of a metal band who have put out two back to back albums over the past few years like Lost Forever / Lost Together and All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us, such is their immense quality. I really hope the band continue to grow the way they have. I think a one off Ally Pally date could be calling them in the not so distant future. 

On 17/11/2016 at 5:15 PM, Andre91 said:

I struggle to think of a metal band who have put out two back to back albums over the past few years like Lost Forever / Lost Together and All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us, such is their immense quality.

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Deafheaven

You got there in the end. :P

Deafheaven would be a brilliant booking. Probably why it won't happen. Andy would be all like "it's Deaf Havana you morons *blocked*".

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You got there in the end. :P

Deafheaven would be a brilliant booking. Probably why it won't happen. Andy would be all like "it's Deaf Havana you morons *blocked*".

I really love the instrumentals when it comes to Deafheaven, I just can't stand the vocals. Black Metal isn't for me at all. I can really enjoy their albums if I just listen past the vocal :lol: 

Anyway, updated prediction: 

System Of A Down / Prophets of Rage / Slayer / Trivium / Fear Factory

Steel Panther / AFI / Sleeping With Sirens

Every Time I Die / Thrice 

Biffy Clyro / Limp Bizkit / Architects / Jimmy Eat World / Of Mice & Men 

Rob Zombie / Ghost / Anthrax 

Emperor / Deafheaven 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Airbourne / Opeth / In Flames

Five Finger Death Punch / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps 

Simple Plan / The Story So Far

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I really love the instrumentals when it comes to Deafheaven, I just can't stand the vocals. Black Metal isn't for me at all. I can really enjoy their albums if I just listen past the vocal :lol: 

Anyway, updated prediction: 

System Of A Down / Prophets of Rage / Slayer / Trivium / Fear Factory

Steel Panther / AFI / Sleeping With Sirens

Every Time I Die / Thrice 

Biffy Clyro / Limp Bizkit / Architects / Jimmy Eat World / Of Mice & Men 

Rob Zombie / Ghost / Anthrax 

Emperor / Deafheaven 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Airbourne / Opeth / In Flames

Five Finger Death Punch / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps 

Simple Plan / The Story So Far

Slayer are higher up he POR, the text is deliberately bigger.

Personally I'm also expecting Royal Blood to sub Biffy.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Emperor would be a fucked up booking. I'm surprised they get a gig at BOA.

ADTR announced for Nova Rock. Think that's yer Biffy sub right there.

Emperor go down a storm at Bloodstock. Have you seen the video on Youtube of when they announced them on the Main Stage the year before they headlined? The crowd went absolutely mental. Murdering scummy drummer can do one, though.

ADTR under Biffy is ideal for me. Happy with that if it comes to pass. Four Year Strong at Novarock too. Would love for them to be announced for DL.

Edited by Andre91

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Emperor would be a fucked up booking. I'm surprised they get a gig at BOA.

ADTR announced for Nova Rock. Think that's yer Biffy sub right there.

Yeah I'd been thinking about this cause I was struggling to fit them into my R&L prediction. Only thing stopping me was that they obviously played last year and it's been longer since they were at R&L, but obviously Download are quite big on repeats anyway.