Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen Biffy support a lot and never been blown away. However, their Rock im Park set on the 2nd stage was the best live performance I have ever seen. Beating Pearl Jam in Berlin and Metallica at Orion. And certainly better than the times I have seen SOAD.

Personally I think they're the strongest headliner there. But then SOAD and Aerosmith hold now draw for me.

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

:P  I can imagine.  Beer solves all of life's problems though.

It hasn't solved the problem of the GOP nominee yet, but if it does tomorrow, the Trooper is on me on the Sunday.

Back on topic, I'm struggling to understand the hate I'm seeing on some quarters of the internet for the booking of Biffy, particularly as it's mainly people saying they should book Linkin Park or BMTH because they put on a "better live show."

I shall be able to give more balanced thoughts when I see the latter tomorrow night, but when I've seen Biffy, they've put on a cracking live show. Few acts I've seen top them, and certainly not many in the Download pool.

Probably another topic for this too, but did anyone else see Corey Taylor on QI? Thought it was rather good.

6 hours ago, Joey89 said:

Any chance of Alice in Chains being there this year?

Depends if they decide to tour or not.

Chances seem reasonable that Giraffe Tongue Orchestra might be which features the lead singer, so he could end up doing multiple shows in one day like members of Dillinger and Mastodon did at Reading this year with GTO.

Yeah I've been expecting both Alter Bridge and Airbourne anyway. 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Airbourne / In Flames 

Seems kinda weak with Airbourne and In Flames being so high but they're both bands who are popular at DL so I don't think it'd make much of a difference below Aerosmith & AB which is really strong anyway.  

41 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

This is an interesting turn of events. Official DL France line up has Blink not as headliners.

Tbf they're not headliners all over Europe (eg. they're subbing Linkin Park at Hu/So) and if Green Day was gonna be true it was likely to be them that got pushed down. Couldn't see them losing their headline status in UK (ignoring that freak year at TITP) though - too few headliners.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Are many people on the DL forums opting for that over Donington, btw? Seems like such a strong line up for a certain demo and it's not that far, obviously.

So far based off the line-ups I'm more inclined for France, as are a majority of my friends but time will tell.

But so far I'd be going to Download France.