Download 2017

Hart Attack

56 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I know the festival has a lot of history with Enter Shikari but sub spot is surely too high? They couldn't even sell out one night at Ally Pally, I'd expect them to NME headline opposite someone more mainstream rock like Kasabian.

The problem you have is as soon as BMTH got given it after one Wembley date then it's going to be that hard at all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Nah, I think Shikari in 2017 justify a sub slot. They've got such a rich history with the festival and are a massively popular band in this country. Tag it as a European festival exclusive and that'll sweeten it. They will absolutely deserve it too. One of the hardest working and most forward thinking bands around. Subbing BMTH would be a good call and would sell day tickets, I'm sure. 

I doubt they will be playing at all to be honest. Especially if what they said about wanting a bit of time out is true. I also think to justify a sub spot if they did play they would need to be a UK exclusive 2017 show. I think the booking would look much stronger if ES came back and subbed with a new album out.

39 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I doubt they will be playing at all to be honest. Especially if what they said about wanting a bit of time out is true. I also think to justify a sub spot if they did play they would need to be a UK exclusive 2017 show. I think the booking would look much stronger if ES came back and subbed with a new album out.

It's BMTH that have said about some time out.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's BMTH that have said about some time out.

See below.

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Misfits ain't happening, man. Danzig has split. And I don't think Shikari will be about; they said ok Twitter that their BMTH show is the final show of 2016 before they go away for a long while. 

Enter shikari will be starting their fifth album campaign at reading and Leeds I believe.

But lol they won't sub BMTH. Shikari aren't big enough to sub, and BMTH / Shikari hasn't sold out the o2 so it won't be a festival bill topper

Edited by huntyyy

Friday:

System Of A Down
Alter Bridge
Royal Blood
Mastodon
Slaves
Marmozets
Giraffe Tongue Orchestra
Black Peaks

Bullet For My Valentine
Asking Alexandria
Against Me!

Drowning Pool

Saturday:

Avenged Sevenfold
Limp Bizkit
Stone Sour
Lamb Of God
Skindred
Crossfaith
Cancer Bats
Hacktivist

Slayer
Anthrax
Cavalera's Back to Roots

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Sunday:

Aerosmith
Steel Panther
The Offspring
Parkway Drive
Architects
Sleeping With Sirens
Young Guns
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Marilyn Manson
Papa Roach
Pierce The Veil

Descendents

A mixture of realism and some hope.

Edited by Gozpot

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Reading will get them too. Any idea what slot they've been offered? As I imagine it is something significant. 

Well realistically there's only 3 slots they could play. Sub main, third main or NME headline. On an exclusive i doubt they'd play third and sub seems like a stretch unless they get a massive headliner above them. NME headline would be perfect for them, they'd be able to get a much better show going in there too.

3 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Enter shikari will be starting their fifth album campaign at reading and Leeds I believe.

But lol they won't sub BMTH. Shikari aren't big enough to sub, and BMTH / Shikari hasn't sold out the o2 so it won't be a festival bill topper

Noone wants to sit for bmth And shikari. Standing sold out in minutes.  Months before shikari were announced

5 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I really don't see alternative bands headlining the NME tent going forward. I know Limp Bizkit did it but you often see alternative bands featuring in people's predictions for that stage and that and I just don't see that happening in the future with the festival going the way it is. 

I could see You Me At Six headlining the NME next year. They get plenty of airplay on Radio 1. 

Anyway, isn't this the Download thread? Let's get back to having absolutely no news to talk about :P 

44 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Noone wants to sit for bmth And shikari. Standing sold out in minutes.  Months before shikari were announced

I understand that argument for a lot of gigs but people do sometimes sit at gigs and if those two were a genuine major festival headline/sub combo then I'm sure people would be thinking "I don't wanna miss that - I'll just fucking sit". :P

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I understand that argument for a lot of gigs but people do sometimes sit at gigs and if those two were a genuine major festival headline/sub combo then I'm sure people would be thinking "I don't wanna miss that - I'll just fucking sit". :P

Think the consensus is they'd rather not go than sit even if it's something they really really want to see. Not sure if it's a generational thing or just a weird spoilt/entitlement thing. 

8 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think you could get away with Shikari subbing at Download but not at Reading.

The thing is, when they played 4th down under the two co-headliners in QOTSA and Paramore and VW I believe, two us this is 4th but in a R&L mind because they want it, it'll be they were kind of '3rd' as two occupied one spot.

12 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Yes but people are suggesting it for a Top two billing at a Major festival that has a capacity of at least 150,000 across the two sites, and yet it can't shift 20,000 tickets for the O2. It doesn't have the selling power that people are suggesting. I understand your argument but it's a moot point. If it's big enough to top a Major UK Festival then it should be enough to shift a few thousand seated tickets at One UK Arena.

28 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Yes but people are suggesting it for a Top two billing at a Major festival that has a capacity of at least 150,000 across the two sites, and yet it can't shift 20,000 tickets for the O2. It doesn't have the selling power that people are suggesting. I understand your argument but it's a moot point. If it's big enough to top a Major UK Festival then it should be enough to shift a few thousand seated tickets at One UK Arena.

It is their 2nd 02 date that hasn't sold out isn't it?

And it's hard to to compare, I sat at the back of a sold out Killers gig back in the day, and as much as they were very good it just wasn't the same. If it's a slower band then maybe.

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It is their 2nd 02 date that hasn't sold out isn't it?

And it's hard to to compare, I sat at the back of a sold out Killers gig back in the day, and as much as they were very good it just wasn't the same. If it's a slower band then maybe.

Yes, the one with Enter Shikari - The band people are suggesting to Sub them at Reading. What I'm saying is that Enter Shikari won't be subbing BMTH because it, as a Combo, can't sell out the O2.

I don't dispute the size of BMTH, their tour has sold very well and they've sold more tickets for this tour than Foals did for their arena tour earlier this year, it's just the notion that Enter Shikari would sub-headline them at Reading.

Edited by huntyyy

42 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Yes, the one with Enter Shikari - The band people are suggesting to Sub them at Reading. What I'm saying is that Enter Shikari won't be subbing BMTH because it, as a Combo, can't sell out the O2.

I don't dispute the size of BMTH, their tour has sold very well and they've sold more tickets for this tour than Foals did for their arena tour earlier this year, it's just the notion that Enter Shikari would sub-headline them at Reading.

I actually thought Shikari were at every BMTH gig as support. Thing is most of who I know that would see BMTH would lap ES up too.

Not hard to sell more though, their tour is massively bigger than Foals and based on what we are told were given co-headline with FOB because they believed they had Radiohead and RHCP....you could get away with it.