Download 2017

Hart Attack

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

If I remember rightly, Copping said on the That's Not Metal podcast at the end of last year that he would like to book Paramore to headline and has also stated it somewhere this year. The new album has Josh Farro back so I'm hoping that it is a little more in keeping with the sound of Brand New Eyes*, at least. 

*Brand New Eyes is my favourite Paramore album :D 

Well i guess that answers that, although i can't imagine they would fall particularly high up on his list of headliners, sure there's a good 10 bands each year that he would book before them (likely 7/8 of which have played in the last 5 years).

Would love a Paramore album going back to the sound of Riot or Brand New Eyes, the latest album wasn't bad but it just didn't really feel like Paramore that much to me.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Is there any even vague links for people guessing The Rolling Stones? Apart from Copping trying for them a few years back?

Well there's what you said and the fact they're touring next year with a new album to promote.

There was also a rumour floating about that they were doing some Download-type festival in Austria but that's not been confirmed and people probably weren't considering Austrian festival rumours in their speculation and that was just me.

It'd be a great booking if they could get it but I don't think they could. Day tickets would fly out - and the weekend would probably sell out off the back of them too - but not to people who wanna see Trivium and stuff. They'll do their own huge shows instead.

Haven't had a look on there in a week or so. Last time I was browsing after System of a Down leaked those dates at Download France and Spain there was genuinely people on there absolutely adamant that it didn't mean they were definitely playing those festivals and that it also meant that there was less chance or even no way that they'd be at Download UK. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well there's what you said and the fact they're touring next year with a new album to promote.

There was also a rumour floating about that they were doing some Download-type festival in Austria.

They'll do their own huge shows instead.

Are you talking about Rock in Vienna which is owned by DEAG who are partners with Kili (Sonisphere).

If I was a betting man I would say the Stones could do a standalone gig at Knebworth.

A Scotland date, Download and a Wembley Stadium date wouldn't seem unrealistic for GNR. Might make sense as to why things have been quiet on the DL announcement front, they could be finalising things for the whole tour to be announced in one go? 

System Of A Down / Prophets of Rage / Limp Bizkit 

Steel Panther 

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Stone Sour

Rancid 

Guns 'N Roses / Alter Bridge / Volbeat 

Lamb Of God

Edited by Andre91

48 minutes ago, Black_Crow said:

Are you talking about Rock in Vienna which is owned by DEAG who are partners with Kili (Sonisphere).

If I was a betting man I would say the Stones could do a standalone gig at Knebworth.

Aye we talked about it not long back. Quite possible - I'd like that.

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A Scotland date, Download and a Wembley Stadium date wouldn't seem unrealistic for GNR. Might make sense as to why things have been quiet on the DL announcement front, they could be finalising things for the whole tour to be announced in one go? 

Copying and pasting this post I made earlier on Glasto boards -

It seems they're either doing their own shows and being selective with their stadiums or just own shows straight through. Should either be Download or Wembley.

Read a bit of discussion on Ringrocker and some 'insider' on a GNR forum said a few weeks back that they're doing Download UK, Hellfest and Rock am Ring/Rock im Park. Fast forward to today there's a list of 'leaked' dates with no UK or France shows (German shows yeah but that's massive) so it might support it a wee bit. But yeah one of the two.

- so yeah it's possible but I think it might be one or the other on Download and Wembley. Additionally Hellfest are waiting on a big US headline act to announce their world tour 'after the elections' before they announce so I would guess that's either GNR or (as Zegut has touted) Aerosmith. Guessing the elections has to do with the widespread coverage a tour announcement might receive but idk.

Edited by dentalplan

10 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

The wait is clearly for Aerosmith to announce their last ever tour. System obviously jumped the gun and weren't meant to be announced for a week or 2 and A7X have a tour coming up to sell.

Trying to increase your poor reputation by saying what everyone has already guessed?

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Trying to increase your poor reputation by saying what everyone has already guessed?

In all fairness to Black Crow man, he's been saying Aerosmith way before any other person on here. People have only included them as they either started to believe him or Zegut said they would be at Hell Fest. I have said he's full of shit myself but I hold my hands up if it's correct. He may have said SOAD early too but can't remember, this isn't to say I believe he knows all he says. 

You would struggle to believe those 3 when luckysalt has previously said as much as Copping might like Download to have GNR that they don't. They can charger a higher fee comfortably at Wembley/BST etc than what you would pay for a day ticket at Download.