Download 2017

Hart Attack

On 14/10/2016 at 2:52 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Copping was apparently at Leeds for Biffy day this year so would've seen them there I think. 

He posted about them on Instagram saying that Reading were in for a treat. I really hope he doesn't book them though. I watched Biffy at Reading and it was okay, but I left midway through to go and watch Good Charlotte. Biffy aren't a band I'd want to see at Download. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Nine Inch Nails probably aren't headlining a festival here again.

A man can dream. Depends if you take a gamble. They're not smaller, I'd say (could be talking cobblers, mind).

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It'll be A7X then the usual bunch of repeats. I don't see POR against SOAD at all, that is more likely to be someone like Panic there.

Probably a fair point there. This is why I'm not booking Download I guess...

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

A man can dream. Depends if you take a gamble. They're not smaller, I'd say (could be talking cobblers, mind).

Probably a fair point there. This is why I'm not booking Download I guess...

Couldn't be worse than who does man! It looks like Friday ticket for me but I'm going to wait as I can't justify £100 for a day at his fest. 

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Couldn't be worse than who does man! It looks like Friday ticket for me but I'm going to wait as I can't justify £100 for a day at his fest. 

I'd probably take the Sunday off my own predictions, if it truly is Aerosmith's last blowout... But SOAD would be superb.

Really not understanding why Copping doesn't want to give BMTH a shot, particularly if his other option is A7X. Know they've got a pop sensibility but look at the first week sales of That's the Spirit (44,000 or so) to Hail to the King (a shade over 21,000). Few metal bands do that these days. BMTH would also bring in younger punters - punters who may use the band as a gateway to something else on the Download bill. And if you hook up a proper good second stage headliner to keep the old folks (like us lot) happy, it's a win-win.

I'm going to assume they're either wanting too much, Copping doesn't rate their pull for his festival a la Biffy or they've already been snapped up by R+L (a BMTH/YMAS co-headline has been doing the rounds near my ears, which would pull in a lot of students wanting to relive teenage angst).

I'd probably take the Sunday off my own predictions, if it truly is Aerosmith's last blowout... But SOAD would be superb.

Really not understanding why Copping doesn't want to give BMTH a shot, particularly if his other option is A7X. Know they've got a pop sensibility but look at the first week sales of That's the Spirit (44,000 or so) to Hail to the King (a shade over 21,000). Few metal bands do that these days. BMTH would also bring in younger punters - punters who may use the band as a gateway to something else on the Download bill. And if you hook up a proper good second stage headliner to keep the old folks (like us lot) happy, it's a win-win.

I'm going to assume they're either wanting too much, Copping doesn't rate their pull for his festival a la Biffy or they've already been snapped up by R+L (a BMTH/YMAS co-headline has been doing the rounds near my ears, which would pull in a lot of students wanting to relive teenage angst).

From the understanding, Copping has twice asked BMTH to step down to a sub to allow for one of the huge bands and the 2nd time they turned round and said no, they'll go for the headline set already offered (by R&L apparently), not sure how true it is but most on here would have put their house on them headlining this year just gone and they were around to do so. Copping is a knob, I don't like BMTH but TTS is better than anything A7X have done.

POR will be a sub I'd say as 2nd stage headliners aren't really sub there like a few years back, more like 3rd down acts.

System of a Down
Marilyn Manson
Rancid
Pierce the Veil
Mastodon
The Devin Townsend Project
Letlive

Rise Against
Sleeping With Sirens

Avenged Sevenfold
The Offspring
Sum 41
Parkway Drive
Coheed and Cambria
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Motionless in White
Kvelertak

Limp Bizkit
Asking Alexandria

Metallica
Prophets of Rage
Stone Sour
Alice in Chains
The Pretty Reckless
Anthrax
Karnivool
In This Moment

Steel Panther
Of Mice & Men

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

From the understanding, Copping has twice asked BMTH to step down to a sub to allow for one of the huge bands and the 2nd time they turned round and said no, they'll go for the headline set already offered (by R&L apparently), not sure how true it is but most on here would have put their house on them headlining this year just gone and they were around to do so. Copping is a knob, I don't like BMTH but TTS is better than anything A7X have done.

POR will be a sub I'd say as 2nd stage headliners aren't really sub there like a few years back, more like 3rd down acts.

Ah, I didn't know that they'd been twice asked to step down from headline. Yeah, bad blood understandable then. Be really surprised if they don't headline somewhere in 2017. I mean, they got about 30,000 for the slot on the Other Stage at Glastonbury, I think? (I was at ZZ Top and Foals). They've got the pull right now. 

I did have money on this year for them - I expected Bring Me, Sabbath and Maiden. Rammstein were the curveball booking. Now that ship may have sailed, and Copping may rue it when the headliner pool runs out. I mean, if he books Def Leppard again, there'll be a riot (I like Def Leppard but they were middling and outshined by Whitesnake and BSR at Manchester last year. God, that's ten months ago now, that flew...)

Ah, I didn't know that they'd been twice asked to step down from headline. Yeah, bad blood understandable then. Be really surprised if they don't headline somewhere in 2017. I mean, they got about 30,000 for the slot on the Other Stage at Glastonbury, I think? (I was at ZZ Top and Foals). They've got the pull right now. 

I did have money on this year for them - I expected Bring Me, Sabbath and Maiden. Rammstein were the curveball booking. Now that ship may have sailed, and Copping may rue it when the headliner pool runs out. I mean, if he books Def Leppard again, there'll be a riot (I like Def Leppard but they were middling and outshined by Whitesnake and BSR at Manchester last year. God, that's ten months ago now, that flew...)

In fairness BMTH had a pretty poor crowd at Glasto, my tent was opposite and I got back for Throne and one before.

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

System of a Down
Marilyn Manson
Rancid
Pierce the Veil
Mastodon
Letlive

Rise Against
Sleeping With Sirens

Avenged Sevenfold
The Offspring
Sum 41
Parkway Drive
Coheed and Cambria
Motionless in White
Kvelertak

Limp Bizkit
Asking Alexandria

Metallica
Prophets of Rage
Stone Sour
Alice in Chains
The Pretty Reckless
Anthrax
Karnivool
In This Moment

Steel Panther
Of Mice & Men

Put RA 3rd down and Rancid 4th and day ticket. 

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

In fairness BMTH had a pretty poor crowd at Glasto, my tent was opposite and I got back for Throne and one before.

Ah, did they? Was going off the spot of footage I saw.

How many does the other stage hold? About 40,000?

Also, any reason for the dislike of A7X? Merely curious as im new round here :lol:

5 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Fair enough! Find them easy on the ear at least but there's better headliners out there.

Ah nothing against them man, one man's dislike in another's like etc. I do think they are doing a bigger tour than what is them though, but I'd have rathered Disturbed just tour themselves. 

9 hours ago, SOAD said:

System of a Down
Marilyn Manson
Rancid

Pierce the Veil
Mastodon
Letlive

Rise Against
Sleeping With Sirens

Avenged Sevenfold
The Offspring
Sum 41
Parkway Drive

Coheed and Cambria
Motionless in White
Kvelertak

Limp Bizkit
Asking Alexandria

Metallica
Prophets of Rage
Stone Sour
Alice in Chains
The Pretty Reckless

Anthrax
Karnivool
In This Moment

Steel Panther
Of Mice & Men

Although it seems like we won't have Metallica at this point.

2 hours ago, Andburn said:

I'd take Phil Collins over Avenged.  

Dual headliner?  Queens and BMTH?  Seems a way of getting future headliners / reducing costs

I'd also take Phil.

Would love - as a novelty - to see Tragedy, the Bee Gees metal cover band booked for a half hour slot. Would be great fun.

21 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Ah nothing against them man, one man's dislike in another's like etc. I do think they are doing a bigger tour than what is them though, but I'd have rathered Disturbed just tour themselves. 

Bigger because of Disturbed, in part I guess - who I reckon are probably on par with A7X to casuals right now, after The Sound of Silence.

17 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That's a year since headliners for DL16 were announced. Copping hasn't been on twitter for a while. Wonder if he's on hols and forgotten about announcing. 

He's still trying to persuade someone to play their classic album in full to create much needed hype if the headliners are in the expected pool.

17 minutes ago, Andburn said:

He's still trying to persuade someone to play their classic album in full to create much needed hype if the headliners are in the expected pool.

From rumours of GnR and Metallica to the worry of aerosmith and avenged repeating the 14 line up, I hope he is. Unless it's LP doing Hybrid. That would make a clean sweep of 14 headliners 

54 minutes ago, Andburn said:

SoaD would create more than enough hype and it's not as if Aerosmith on their final tour would be a bad booking. It's just A7X that is seemingly pulling the most likely trio down at all.