Download 2017

Hart Attack

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

gazza kidding on he's thinking about going to festivals before going on to make every excuse under the sun for not doing so is always entertaining viewing.

Oh, and I love the new Blink album.

What are you talking about? What festival am I kidding on thinking about going to? If I wanted attend a fest enough I would, it's not hard, you pay for it and attend.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I think it makes them less likely. People will get tickets for arena tour and if they get announced in Oct as a DL headliner it could have affect on the DL sales.  Big headliners this year meant big sales compared to last A7X headline . Think coping will go for big names again next year.

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

I think it makes them less likely. People will get tickets for arena tour and if they get announced in Oct as a DL headliner it could have affect on the DL sales.  Big headliners this year meant big sales compared to last A7X headline . Think coping will go for big names again next year.

I doubt it man, kinda with theramm on this. Copping has already issued that layalty scheme out, he knows what he probably has, and he knows it isn't the best. 

A7X and Metallica I think are nailed. I expect Blink unless R&L have snapped them if they are struggling again but I expect nothing that big.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There is that but Slipknot are Slipknot and that tour sold out by the time they were announced for DL a few weeks later. Unless I'm underestimating them, A7x aren't nearly that big and will probably still have tickets to shift by the time they're announced. 

maybe i'm a bit out of the loop on this but AX7 + Disturbed + In Flames seems like a Kerrang! reader's wet dream. it's not quite Slipknot + KoRn, but i think it'll do a good job of selling and not prevent them from headlining Download at all

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

maybe i'm a bit out of the loop on this but AX7 + Disturbed + In Flames seems like a Kerrang! reader's wet dream. it's not quite Slipknot + KoRn, but i think it'll do a good job of selling and not prevent them from headlining Download at all

It probably is, I can't see why In Flames are on the tour though as they are totally different in style.

21 minutes ago, emilyjmj said:

What do you think the chances are of Green Day headlining? New album and all... I'm guessing if they do a festival it'll be more likely to be Reading and Leeds?

think the general consensus is that they may end up headlining Isle Of Wight as it's common knowledge that John Giddings has wanted them for a while, and they only played Reading/Leeds a couple of years ago (not that that matters). can't rule out Download though of course

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

think the general consensus is that they may end up headlining Isle Of Wight as it's common knowledge that John Giddings has wanted them for a while, and they only played Reading/Leeds a couple of years ago (not that that matters). can't rule out Download though of course

I think you can rule out Download. Bringing back Green Day after 4 years wouldn't be an issue though if Blink are doing it again.

9 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think if it's true about Blink @ R&L maybe it could be Avenged Sevenfold - Green Day - Metallica at download next year. That way IOW could still have Green Day too as don't think Giddings would mind too much about sharing with a metal fest

I think that might come down to who they got to sub them. I don't see Download getting Green Day....I don't see them wanting Green Day on the baking of the rubbish they produced last and 21st century was poor too.

6 hours ago, foolee said:

I think if it's true about Blink @ R&L maybe it could be Avenged Sevenfold - Green Day - Metallica at download next year. That way IOW could still have Green Day too as don't think Giddings would mind too much about sharing with a metal fest

He would. If he booked Green Day then he would want to attract the people who would go to Download and see them, and with that being on the mainland I would imagine there would be quite a few more. Same goes for Copping. Don't think the festivals would ever share a headliner.