Goblinz

From the Equinox Festival Facebook Group

"The old Alchemy crew had all been left in a difficult situation and have come together to continue with what we all believe is a beautiful thing.
Where else do all the tribes come together and celebrate?
Didn't we put on the best party in the universe??!

So many people have got in touch and pledged their continuing support, we thought it'd be rude not to make it happen. So here we are.....
There WILL be hundreds of bands and DJs on our six stages, there WILL be banging dance tents with crazy decor and stage shows to match, there WILL be fire shows created by a pyromaniac genius, there WILL be workshops and heritage crafts the like of which many of you will never have seen before, there will be walkabouts, wooded areas, healing areas and fire pits and of course the amazing Earthbound Misfits will be there with their wondrous circus skills and children's area to keep the little ones entertained.

Food and drink? Still bring your own if you want, but with our Big Dub Cafe we'll be dishing up dub and low prices in our Big Top and offering the finest in street food for vegans and meat-eaters alike- wholesome, organic food is our priority- £1 tea is our policy!!

Our traders will be tempting you with a great selection of food and anything from real ale or a cheeky cocktail or a smoothie to perk you up from that night before, to handmade crafts collected worldwide and glow sticks and ridiculousness too tempting to walk by.

So come join us, show your support for the festival that just won't stop and the collective tribe that you are part of each September. 
Welcome to Equinox !!
 "

eq.jpg

Unfortunately Alchemy Festival has come to an end and the old management is no longer around. This has left all the old crew to pick up the pieces and thankfully some of those previously involved with running some of the site functions are setting up a new event for 2016. All the old stage crews are still around and keen to get back together to host a festival with a renewed energy, a similar vibe and better organization. 

A large number of early bird tickets were sold through Paypal after the last Alchemy and the current management team are committed to honoring these tickets - This puts them in a tough situation where they are jumping in and hosting a reasonably sized festival whereas most events take time to grow from a small size, but are also going to be several hundred ticket sales down.

The current board of directors are picking up the pieces the best they can with this but have not received any funds from early bird tickets sold for Alchemy. They didn't receive their wages for the months of work involved in the festival last year and do not deserve any blame for they way things panned out.

I gather that Paypal has a 180 day claim period for ticket sales. Anybody who has bought tickets this way should put in a claim as soon as possible. I'm guessing there will be be a way for people who have done this to make a donation to the new equinox festival - This will go a long way to ensuring a better event with a future.

I am not one of the new directors or management, I run a stage setup (Psychedelic Breakfast) which used to host an area at the festival. I will try to answer any questions about the new event the best I can but do not really know any more information about the situation with the old event.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, Goblinz said:

I gather that Paypal has a 180 day claim period for ticket sales. Anybody who has bought tickets this way should put in a claim as soon as possible. I'm guessing there will be be a way for people who have done this to make a donation to the new equinox festival - This will go a long way to ensuring a better event with a future.

I am giving this a try, started a claim yesterday so will see how it goes, would like to support the new festival by buying new tickets as it has always been one of my favourites.

I am a bit surprised that they aren't suggesting doing this themselves as we are just coming up to the 180 days after they went on sale, although under the circumstances I am not sure how Paypal will be able to reclaim the money!

I'd like to help out in any way I can, have run a free microfestival in North Lincs for over 25 years, could possibly fundraise in May or at least help out in some way with advertising, couple of free bands, PA/lights for a small stage etc. in September. Had bought a dozen tickets at the end of last year's festival (can provide evidence) realise I'm not going to get any money back but will ask our group (we've been every year since the start @ SouthKelsey in 2009) and we will do what we can to help Equinox get up and running if you would like us to help out, just let me know who/how/when to contact.

On 2/19/2016 at 2:20 PM, Owly said:

I am giving this a try, started a claim yesterday so will see how it goes, would like to support the new festival by buying new tickets as it has always been one of my favourites.

I am a bit surprised that they aren't suggesting doing this themselves as we are just coming up to the 180 days after they went on sale, although under the circumstances I am not sure how Paypal will be able to reclaim the money!

As far as I know they are telling people this? I had a natter with the directors recently and thought it had been relayed through email. 

The situation is that it is a new festivals and given the situation they are distancing themselves from the old event so are probably avoiding commenting much further.

Paypal "protects" purchases so it doesn't matter of the company goes under, they should still payout.

Please report back on your progress with this- If everybody does this that can then it will really kick start the festival

E

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for finally giving us some information about the festival.

Like so many others I have been worried about its future..

I bought an early bird ticket, at the festival office, with cash, before leaving the 2015 festival.

I still have no idea if this ticket is still valid or not.

If it is not valid, then where and how do I get a ticket.

Going by the forum messages I have read, many people are anxious about what is happening. Whilst we sympathize with the dreadful position the remaining organizers have been left in, any information is better than none. I have struggled to even find an e-mail address where I can ask questions.

It is a relief to finally know that this festival will continue, and confirming the dates helps planning enormously.

I now only need to know if my early bird ticket, paid for with cash,  is good or not.    

• 4 months later...

Hi I bought early bird tickets plus a campervan pass for Alchemy, our group wasn’t on planning on attending equinox however we have all changed our mind. As I was the person who booked the all the tickets I am in charge of sorting the new tickets back and trying to reclaim some of our money back. I can't find the receipt in my PayPal and tried looking in old email with no success. Does anyone have alchemy's email so I can try to input to my email or the merch name my payment would have been so I can contact PayPal with more details.

I seem to remember that the early bird tickets was £70 and a booking fee.

************* IMPORTANT INFORMATION****************
We don't like to put a downer on things when everyone is getting so excited but this is important, so please bear with us!
As many of you know, we ran an offer for those who bought Alchemy tickets  via Paypal to apply for complementarty tickets to Equinox and many of you successfully applied and will be joining us.
We would like to make it clear that AN ALCHEMY TICKET WILL NOT GET YOU INTO EQUINOX FESTIVAL- WE ARE A SEPARATE COMPANY AND HAVE NO LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY TO THESE. There are no exceptions to this and you will need to pay the on the gate price (if there are tickets available) if you wish to join us or you will unfortunately be turned away. Please do not make a wasted journey under the impression that you will be able to get in with an Alchemy 2016 Paypal receipt.You wil be disappointed.
Our offer for these ran from March until the 31st July and it's conditions and end date were publicised on our Facebook pages and website.

Right, serious bit over with- stand by, normal service resuming :-)

http://www.equinoxfestival.uk/alchemy-ticket-holders

Posted this on FB will put it here too 

Home from a fab weekend at Equinox, good to see the same vibe and site as familiar as possible. 
Couple things though, the bar needs to improve both service and choice of drinks. Went in for a nice cider on Saturday and all that was there was Thatchers or Strongbow Dark Fruits on draught. What happened to the proper cider like Old Rosie or similar?
The cocktail bar wasnt much better with poor service and choice of drinks. Need to review what they charge too.
Finally am assuming that the very early finish, especially last night will be reviewed with a new licence as music finishing at 10pm is just crazy!
Anyway apart from that, it was a top weekend so thanks to all the crew who let us party in the fields again xx