Sunday Headliner confirmed - Coldplay

Glastobuddy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the fact this is their fourth headline slot is really something to brag about to be honest :P 

Glad that's out of the way. The Friday and Saturday headliners are much less obvious so the next headline announcement will be very exciting!

I'm so fucking pissed off. Not because I hate the band or because they're not worthy ('scuse the pun) but because my Dad suggested that his present to my Mum for Christmas would be for me, the Mrs, him and Ma to see a big gig this year. I suggested Coldplay at the Etihad and ran the ticket prices past him before I booked them (he doesn't do ticket sites) under the pretense that we'd sort the cash out "later". Two days later he asked me "how much do I owe you for OUR tickets?". "YOUR tickets?" I replied, suddenly realising that he'd thought he would only be paying for his and Mum's ticket. I was furious and am now absolutely livid that I've parted with £150 for two tickets to something that I don't really want to go to when I could watch them three weeks later instead. Which I probably wouldn't have done anyway! There had better be some good alternatives on that Sunday night!

5 minutes ago, Withakay said:

I'm so fucking pissed off. Not because I hate the band or because they're not worthy ('scuse the pun) but because my Dad suggested that his present to my Mum for Christmas would be for me, the Mrs, him and Ma to see a big gig this year. I suggested Coldplay at the Etihad and ran the ticket prices past him before I booked them (he doesn't do ticket sites) under the pretense that we'd sort the cash out "later". Two days later he asked me "how much do I owe you for OUR tickets?". "YOUR tickets?" I replied, suddenly realising that he'd thought he would only be paying for his and Mum's ticket. I was furious and am now absolutely livid that I've parted with £150 for two tickets to something that I don't really want to go to when I could watch them three weeks later instead. Which I probably wouldn't have done anyway! There had better be some good alternatives on that Sunday night!

Twickets now and illness the day before the gig, thank me later :thumbsu: 

7 minutes ago, Withakay said:

You expected him to buy you+1 £150 worth of tickets for your Mum's Christmas present?

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

You expected him to buy you+1 £150 worth of tickets for your Mum's Christmas present?

Yeah, he said it would be a joint anniversary, birthday and Christmas present to her because "all she really wants is to see one last gig with all of us". He did it before when he paid for us all to see Eric Clapton (again, I wouldn't be arsed) for her 60th birthday. I even said "you're ok with it costing around £300?". He said yes and then mugged me off.

16 minutes ago, Withakay said:

so out of all the gigs you could have picked you picked coldplay...

no sympathy here.

3 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Times like this it's important to remember there are many other stages I suppose!

This is true. But in 11 attempts, I've always found the Sunday night particularly lacking 

Just now, russycarps said:

so out of all the gigs you could have picked you picked coldplay...

no sympathy here.

Sadly she's a huge Coldplay fan. If she was a Stone Roses fan, I wouldn't have minded!

Not sure why but I think Coldplay are a better choice for closing than say Mumford and Sons were a few years ago.

It will be crowd pleasing, visual, full of hits, the odd surprise perhaps, they love glastonbury so will go all out to make it a winner, it's a win win for those fans of people who respect the size of the occasion. It's all a winner for those who can tolerate Coldplay and too knackered to dance their asses off elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Withakay said:

Yeah, he said it would be a joint anniversary, birthday and Christmas present to her because "all she really wants is to see one last gig with all of us". He did it before when he paid for us all to see Eric Clapton (again, I wouldn't be arsed) for her 60th birthday. I even said "you're ok with it costing around £300?". He said yes and then mugged me off.

so he done it before and you fell for it again?

once bitten twice shy my friend

edit: also £150 between 2 isn't much of  price to make your mum happy

Edited by gerardfenton18

Just now, gerardfenton18 said:

so he done it before and you fell for it again?

once bitten twice shy my friend

No, I didn't pay before. That's why I assumed he was paying this time! The trouble this time around is that he thought I liked Coldplay (I did 13 years ago) whereas he knew before that I wasn't arsed about Clapton.