Lollapalooza Berlin 2016

DDave

I haven't got round to doing it yet, but just been having a look at what the activation does.. this is what it says if you don't activate.

"Can I enter the festival site if I have not enabled my Festival Account? 
Yes, you can enter the site without a Festival Account. However, in this case you cannot load any credit up front, nor can you take advantage of the bonus packages. Furthermore, your credit cannot be assigned to you on the site. If you lose the festival bracelet, you will also lose the credit stored on it."

So basically all it does is enables you to load up credit onto your wristband beforehand and get your money back from your wristband that you haven't spent at the end of the weekend or if you lose it so may be worth doing! Though on the FAQ it says that details of activation will be released soon even though there is an active page for it? May just wait a bit and doing, not too important this far in advance imo.

Edited by Ipayne

1 hour ago, doobie ninja said:

Hay guys.  Just found out I'm going! :)

Got tickets,  just need some accommodation,  any ideas? 

Never seen Radiohead... Can't wait! 

Cheers 

Booking.com had a lot of accommodation for a decent price, we booked through them. We got 4 nights for seven of us for £380 a minute walk away from Checkpoint Charlie, there was some decent accommodation just across the river from Treptower park that looked nice for the money, you can base Treptower Park as your search on Booking to see the accommodation available closest and cheapest. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure whether this is common knowledge to anyone.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36287031 Holiday apartments are now illegal in Berlin due to lack of housing and in turn a lot of apartments are being shut down. Our accommodation was cancelled supposedly due to 'Renovations' though I'm not sure I believe that now. Just to warn everyone to book Hotels over apartments to avoid being caught out by this!

Edited by Ipayne

Just booked Sunday tickets for this. The missus has just got an obsession for Radiohead in the last 2 months (previously didn't like them) and so is desperate to see them. Fifth time I'm seeing them this summer, not much else good on the line up but Berlin is brilliant fun anyway! 

Have we clarified about the booze situation? 

12 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Just booked Sunday tickets for this. The missus has just got an obsession for Radiohead in the last 2 months (previously didn't like them) and so is desperate to see them. Fifth time I'm seeing them this summer, not much else good on the line up but Berlin is brilliant fun anyway! 

Have we clarified about the booze situation? 

How dare thee

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a new Festival site.... so we dont know if the toilet issue will be fixed. I cant remember any food issues beside some long lines. Beer Prices were normal ... i think it was €4 / 0,4 Beer? Cant remember. Outside of the Festival beer will be cheap and plenty. ;). Just go to a "späti" and grab some 0,5 bottles for 1€ or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I am going to head out there. Would do my head in knowing that I had paid for a flight and entrance, but not gone. Seems New Order have a longer set and it is going to be a scorcher.

Have booked a hotel through Roomer. has anyone used them before? It all seems a bit dubious.

• 2 weeks later...

well...I enjoyed it! bloody hot mind you, and the dust was pretty bad in the main arena bit (especially the Sunday afternoon)

I liked the sound on all the stages, and I liked how the two main stages worked together (when one finished, the other one started)

I thought the site was laid out well, plenty of toilets with loo roll and soap (the latter two did run out though). I liked how you could get your wrist band before getting to the festival, not that it made much difference as they had loads of staff and no real queues. There were a few pinch points on the site where queues got created but they weren't too bad, overall I feel the site didn't feel too crowed. But, I didn't see a single drinking water tap and there wasn't many bins.

I wouldn't definitely go again if it had a half decent lineup. And Berlin is a great city :)

Hi guys, just a couple of questions:

- How's the festival at night? The official program stops at 11 pm the fist day and at 10 pm the second, is there anything else to do after the official program ends?

- Is the festival area open 24/7 and everybody can go in and out at every hour (like Sziget) or it has a closing time and everybody have to leave (like Primavera Sound)?

Thanks!

On 22/09/2016 at 0:43 PM, ilbeyene said:

Hi guys, just a couple of questions:

- How's the festival at night? The official program stops at 11 pm the fist day and at 10 pm the second, is there anything else to do after the official program ends?

- Is the festival area open 24/7 and everybody can go in and out at every hour (like Sziget) or it has a closing time and everybody have to leave (like Primavera Sound)?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it just all shuts down after the headliners end. But you are in Berlin which is very much known for its nightlife, so you're not likely to run out of things to do.