Lollapalooza Berlin 2016

DDave

On 15/02/2016 at 6:43 PM, eastynh said:

I really do fancy this. Berlin is a fantastic place. What is the score in regards to beer? Can you take your own in or is it like V fest and all the others over here?

If it's the same as last year, you can't take beer in. But I don't think it was particularly expensive, from what I can remember.

Now I think about it, you may be able to take cartons of booze in. When I did another festival in Germany, a few years ago, I'm sure they allowed each person to bring in two litre cartons, so loads of people took in two litre cartons of wine. I might be wrong, but I think this was the same at Lola, last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking of heading out to this one this year was unfortunate enough to miss out on the Radiohead gigs at the round house and this is the only place I'll be able to catch them. 

Going to be heading out alone to this one by the looks of things if anyone's intreasted in meeting up there let me know. :)

I am heading to this one! Been asked to review it, but as usual with reviewing they haven't given me a guest ticket which is very annoying but on the plus side they are actually paying me to write it. Bit of an unusal deal, as I've got lots of experience in making websites they're paying me to re-design their website and giving me free tickets to review festivals. I'm just gonna do them something simple . And then I get to go to festivals for free! Definitely going to this one and hopefully Glastonbury as well, waiting to hear about Latitude - that would also be amazing! But as I said, I have to go alone so looking for soem tips from people who know their way around the festival! Have you been to Lollapalooza before? What's it like? Radiohead are my FAVOURITE band, so looking forward to seeing them!! Would be grateful for any advice you can offer though. thanks :-)

Edited by eFestivals
removed what looked like spamming.

• 2 weeks later...

So who do we reckon will sub Radiohead here? Certainly can't see one for the KoL day so I've got an (optimistic) feeling that the subs may be still to come. Otherwise we'll get some bollocks like The 1975 subbing them.

Edited by Mash011

On 17/04/2016 at 2:40 PM, mirupuu said:

Has anyone evr been before? What is the atmophere like ? :)

Also, is there more of the line-up to be revealed, I am considering goign but not sure Radiohead are enough for me hehe

I am going just for New Order. The fact it is in Berlin is more than enough to get me there.

Have never been to this festival before but I am sure the Berliners will make it special.

It will be a fantastic way to round off the summer :-)

New acts confirmed:

Lindsey Stirling • Tocotronic • Róisín Murphy • Alan Walker • The Temper Trap • DESTRUCTO • Jagwar Ma • JUNGE JUNGE • Josef Salvat • Topic • Nothing But Thieves • MNEK • L.A.

Can't say I'm particularly wowed. Thought there'd be more big stuff to come but alright, I'm just going for Radiohead anyway. Jagwar Ma will be decent if I get there in time - my flight lands at 1.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

New acts confirmed:

Lindsey Stirling • Tocotronic • Róisín Murphy • Alan Walker • The Temper Trap • DESTRUCTO • Jagwar Ma • JUNGE JUNGE • Josef Salvat • Topic • Nothing But Thieves • MNEK • L.A.

Can't say I'm particularly wowed. Thought there'd be more big stuff to come but alright, I'm just going for Radiohead anyway. Jagwar Ma will be decent if I get there in time - my flight lands at 1.

Mash011 I do not think the will be more announcements. On the web page it says full line-up . It seems very weak to me in comparison to last year, almost no rock bands.

Just now, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Mash011 I do not think the will be more announcements. On the web page it says full line-up . It seems very weak to me in comparison to last year, almost no rock bands.

Yeah it's not thrilling as an overall line up. Honestly I may just spend an afternoon in Berlin and rock up just in time to get a good spot for Radiohead. I'm assuming The 1975 are subbing now so maybe I'll arrive just before they come on.

Hey, I've just ordered tickets for the Sunday on Ticketmaster. There seemed to be no option for a payment via debit card so had to pay via a bank transfer as I don't have a credit card, just wondering if anyone had any experience paying this way and if so how long it took for the payment to go through? The money has left my account this morning but no confirmation of a received payment yet.. It has to be paid off by Wednesday, just anxious about it all but I may be worrying about nothing. Thanks!

Just now, Ipayne said:

Hey, I've just ordered tickets for the Sunday on Ticketmaster. There seemed to be no option for a payment via debit card so had to pay via a bank transfer as I don't have a credit card, just wondering if anyone had any experience paying this way and if so how long it took for the payment to go through? The money has left my account this morning but no confirmation of a received payment yet.. It has to be paid off by Wednesday, just anxious about it all but I may be worrying about nothing. Thanks!

That's really odd, I'm certain I paid for mine with a debit card.

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

That's really odd, I'm certain I paid for mine with a debit card.

Yeah I know right but when I went to the booking page the only options I got were Credit Card, Transfer and online transfer. Tried using my Debit card on the credit card payment method but wouldn't allow it. Really frustrating, just hoping I hear something tomorrow at least!