The prodigy or pendulum

Frankee

16 minutes ago, Frankee said:

I've been to every major festival dude and seen all the top bands but to me they both put on an amazing show! Sorry for having an opinion, dick.

Do you want to stick some pins in my Mark Clattenberg voodoo doll? It certainly soothed my feelings this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Frankee said:

So prodigy had a new album out last year and pendulum are returning for ultra in miami, anyone think either band could do glasto? They are both still 2 of the best acts I have seen live :)

The Prodigy are seemingly always a possibility but they've got a couple of shows in Germany over the weekend so it's a small window and you'd think they'd be Other headliners which is a slot currently have half a dozen rumours for. If Pendulum do live shows in the UK it'll be where cash is on offer and I don't think that's Glasto. I'd say there's considerably more chance of The Prodigy but not to get hopes up.

13 hours ago, theouterlimits said:

Didn't Rob Swire cite their show opening for Beyonce as one of the reasons they split up? Would be v surprised if he's keen to ever play Glastonbury again

Yep, apparently made him question why the hell he was in a band, it was that bad.

I think the only way they would agree to play is to headline a stage outright or sub an act that was similar / attracted the same target audience so they don't get a repeat of the Beyonce syndrome.

Maybe that could be the name of their first single off the new album.

• 2 weeks later...

Pendulum 2009 Other Stage is one of the best Glastonbury sets I have seen, 2011 Pyramid was one of the worst. 2011 was a mixture of a seriously shit new album, stage too big for them, disinterested people waiting for Beyonce and the fact that they don't really suit daylight sets.

I'd like to think that if they played again on Other/JP in darkness and steered clear of their last album they would be great.

25 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

Pendulum 2009 Other Stage is one of the best Glastonbury sets I have seen, 2011 Pyramid was one of the worst. 2011 was a mixture of a seriously shit new album, stage too big for them, disinterested people waiting for Beyonce and the fact that they don't really suit daylight sets.

I'd like to think that if they played again on Other/JP in darkness and steered clear of their last album they would be great.

I saw the 2009 set and have often wondered what it was like. Due to being a tad worse for wear, as it were, that evening, my brain seemed to wipe the experience clean out the memory banks the next morning, which I really regretted. One of a few key events that persuaded me to tone it down a bit in future, as it happens.

Hearing it was really good is no great comfort really! Oh well, I'll cling to the idea that  if you remember it, you weren't really there.

Edited by sparkythetortoise