Glasto alternative....

dccool

20 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've heard good things about the vibe at Bearded Theory. Can anyone else comment who has actually been?

agree with Stuwilky been to the last 2 BT's and it is indeed very chilled, but smaller. also good for us as being in the North it's much closer to us.

we tried Beautiful Days last time it was the fallow year at Glastonbury and have been every year since ( think we've been 4 times now). Also very chilled and family friendly like BT.

not tried Boomtown but we are tempted as it sounds a bit like Glastonbury was over 20 years when we started going, and people on here and elsewhere write good things about it.

We have been to Kendal Calling once but being in the lake district it pretty much rained the whole weekend. the line up is reasonably strong but you cant take your own in and the prices and choice of food and drink we thought poor. Dont want to be too negative it had a good atmosphere.

We always said we would only do Glastonbury but after going to Beautiful Days we now do 3,4 or 5 a year.

Hope you have a great time whichever festival you find yourself at this year.

I opted for Bestival in the fallow year in 2012 and loved it, Sigur Ros, Stevie Wonder etc.

I really enjoyed 'The Big Chill' but sadly that stopped years ago now due to poor attendance I would presume, even though that was a very commercial festival, they put on a great festival the year i went in 2011, weeks after Glastonbury in fact.

I've done Reading 8 years in the past but aside from the odd booking, I feel like I've outgrown my home town festival. I would go this year to see RHCP and that is about it.

Latitude is one I'd still like to try.

My girlfriend would probably enjoy a festival without camping and a lineup like what Wireless has to offer with the likes of Drake, Kendrick etc in the past.

Edited by siweltrebor