Baggy Monday's

A Guy Called Matt

1 hour ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

The video seems to show plenty of space inside yet many posters here say it is too busy - as someone who goes what is your view?

It was definitely packed at the start, and it was packed for the whole thing down the front, not sure about the back half of it. Had to queue to get in before, but I never find it that hard to get in. You just have to make sure you're ready so when people are leaving for the thing that was on before, you are ready in the queue. The shit part is if you need a piss though. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

The video seems to show plenty of space inside yet many posters here say it is too busy - as someone who goes what is your view?

I don't remember it being too bad at all last year; I think it was a little earlier in the day than it normally is which probably helped.

It's certainly been tricky to get in in the past, with the tent basically running a one in / one out system and a bit of a crush on the outside (not much fun when it's been raining)

Best advice is to get into the tent a while before it's due to start - once you're in the crowd isn't an issue

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

Yep, another thing to add to the "used to be good but shit now" list.

Glastonbury seem to make a habit of doing things to death these days. Whatever happened to keeping things fresh and innovation?

Although it's always struck me as a bit 'crap town cheesy nightclub', the singalong DJ sets do have a place, just wish they'd have some variety. There was a bar one night in 2013 that played Nirvana songs solid for an hour. Was ace but wouldn't want to do it again. Does strike me as odd that some people go every year and spend their Thursday nights at Glastonbury singing the same old songs in the same old place. Each to their own I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Although it's always struck me as a bit 'crap town cheesy nightclub', the singalong DJ sets do have a place, just wish they'd have some variety. There was a bar one night in 2013 that played Nirvana songs solid for an hour. Was ace but wouldn't want to do it again. Does strike me as odd that some people go every year and spend their Thursday nights at Glastonbury singing the same old songs in the same old place. Each to their own I suppose.

Yeah, I suppose the majority of people will be first time attendees to the festival and I guess it's more important to cater to these people than the repeat returners, who are much harder to please!

1) Paris Angels - Perfume

2) Happy Mondays - Hallelujah

3) Stone Roses - I Am The Ressurection

4) 808 State feat MC Tunes - The Only Rhyme That Bites

5) Inspiral Carpets - Dragging Me Down

6) The Charlatans - The only One I know

7) A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray

8 ) New Order - Regret

9) Electronic - Get The Message

10) New Fast Automatic Daffodils - Big

Anyone wants a tape then give us a shout :-)