Random acts of kindness

feral chile

I saw this today, it got to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-holds-train-passengers-hand_us_56bb5cbbe4b08ffac1236598?

I was in a club one night and there was a young lad in there. I didn't know him but a friend said he'd suffered brain damage from using drugs.

While he was sitting there, he had a very visible accident.

a girl walked over to him, knelt down, took his hand and kissed his cheek.

it was such a beautiful, gentle act of love and compassion.

Anyone else got any stories of kind acts that made a difference?

Sort of.  A club/music venue I go to in Cardiff often had a woman sitting on a stool near the front of the stage.  She always had a bottle of wine and by the end of the evening had drunk most of it.  One night I saw her stagger out at the end, seemingly well pissed, legs and arms all over the place.

The next time I went I saw her arrive.  She staggered in with the same difficulty that I'd seen her depart.  A friend of hers helped her onto her stool and then I realised that actually she wasn't drunk but had cerebal palsy or some such condition.  

I left about the same time as her and as we were going out the club manager, a mate of mine, wished her a good night and said he hoped she'd get home OK.  He then explained to me that because of her condition he let her in free of charge to any gig at the club and always made sure there was seat for her.

It just goes to show that you shouldn't rush to judgement about people.

On 12/02/2016 at 8:49 PM, grumpyhack said:

Sort of.  A club/music venue I go to in Cardiff often had a woman sitting on a stool near the front of the stage.  She always had a bottle of wine and by the end of the evening had drunk most of it.  One night I saw her stagger out at the end, seemingly well pissed, legs and arms all over the place.

The next time I went I saw her arrive.  She staggered in with the same difficulty that I'd seen her depart.  A friend of hers helped her onto her stool and then I realised that actually she wasn't drunk but had cerebal palsy or some such condition.  

I left about the same time as her and as we were going out the club manager, a mate of mine, wished her a good night and said he hoped she'd get home OK.  He then explained to me that because of her condition he let her in free of charge to any gig at the club and always made sure there was seat for her.

It just goes to show that you shouldn't rush to judgement about people.

That reminds me of my 40th birthday celebrations. I have a friend who is physically disabled. When we all approached the bouncers at a club they said she wasn't coming in because she was too pissed. When she explained that she wasn't and that she was disabled they let her in. I can't recall where this was - although I know it wasn't in Birmingham - we'd been to the horse races somewhere that day.