Public indemnity insurance - a question

Yoghurt on a Stick

Does anybody know where I can get public indemnity insurance cheap for a market stall at a festival? It's a one off event so I don't want to pay for an annual policy. I've had a bit of a search and can only find annual policies which we simply don't need. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Just now, mrtourette said:

Yes it's an in-joke for people who are aware of what google or a search engine is and how to use one.

yes, I did google it once i'd seen it, as I thought barry must have somehow programmed his own google page at first, I didn't realise it was just 'out there'.

see what you're dealing with here?

I also wasn't sure if it was banter, or like the tellings off newbies get for asking stupid questions.

and it's nice to ask things of real people, isn't it> it's more fun than typing into a search engine.

(goes off to have rant about internet killing the art of conversation, irony totally lost on her)

It's both. I agree for discussion, but I think it's designed for facts that can be easily checked but that people can't be bothered to research so expect someone else to do the same or more work to answer than it would have originally taken. I think Dave Gorman did a skit about it, where people post questions like "when is the next leap year" or "how many days are in November" when if they just typed that question into the search engine it would bring up the answer immediately without having to wait for someone else to answer or wasting their time to do so.

12 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I work in tourism. The number of times I get emailed a question where they could have typed the exact same question into Google and got the exact same answer that I'm going to give them. Half the time I have to Google it anyway before replying!

anyone who has worked in a customer service role will relate to that.

but human contact and all that...

Just to confirm - I did use Google to search for this information but couldn't find what I wanted. As my wife proposes to trade clothes at a festival then I thought I'd try on here in case someone else had any stall insurance knowledge. Makes sense to me still now and I'm currently sober - I was bolloxed as a Lord drunk last night.

12 hours ago, russycarps said:

I would find the companies who offer the cheapest annual policy and actually ring them up. These motherfuckers will offer a price on anything. Bear in mind these c**ts are nothing more than oily salesmen and do NOT have your best interests at heart!

I fully agree with you that insurance companies are complete c**ts. They put so much in to their small print just to get off paying out that it's scandelous. I used to know someobody well versed in insurance and the law in my last job. Wow was she good at making them pay up. i don't know if you remember the tornado that hit Birmingham a fair few years back. I was working for a housing charity at the time and the insurance companies initially said it was 'an act of God' and that they wouldn't pay out. Not sure what she said to them but they ended up settling a claim for about £1.3M to our housing stock. Needless to say, I was delighted with the outcome - have a bit of that you bastards!

26 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Yog... have a word with qdos on 0116 269 0999. They may be able to do what you need, they may not but I use them for other bits and bobs and so on that basis (and that basis only!) I pass their details on :unsure:

Nice one ___S_o_m_a__

I'll give them a whirl. It'll be a bit of fun if nothing else. :)

12 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I work in tourism. The number of times I get emailed a question where they could have typed the exact same question into Google and got the exact same answer that I'm going to give them. Half the time I have to Google it anyway before replying!

I do tech support and half the time its exactly the same, just a quick google search =p

(Not saying Yog didn't need a bit of help to btw, always good to get someone else's recommendations, as well the first few things you find for something like this.)

Edited by LondonTom

I'm kind of amazed at some of the comments on here. Just guess it's people wishing to be mean rather than helpful. Some people are also 'choosing' to ignore the fact that I did try Google, and that this forum might just be the exact place to profer the question that I did. I shouldn't add to the problem but have to by saying bell ends will be bell ends -  I guess.

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its a shame...  You might actually fucking achieve something if you did :D

Anyway, in the meantime...  A little gift :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-For-Dummies-Brad-Hill/dp/0764544209

Oh how we laughed :D

The fact that you can't see how pathetic that is speaks volumes. :)

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm kind of amazed at some of the comments on here. Just guess it's people wishing to be mean rather than helpful. Some people are also 'choosing' to ignore the fact that I did try Google, and that this forum might just be the exact place to profer the question that I did. I shouldn't add to the problem but have to by saying bell ends will be bell ends -  I guess.

I was going to say that I didn't think anyone had meant to be unsympathetic.

Not so sure now.