Swedish Log Candles

Sawdusty surfer

Seemed reasonably popular last year.If I'm going to make some this year would any eFesters be interested? As last year there will be a discount for anyone on here. I need to make a decision as i have to by the timber in soon and then make them. If I delay they won't be dry enough for a clean bright burn,

cheers, J

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recommend these candles to anybody that has a suitable use for them. However they weren't personally much good for me at Glastonbury as we moved around a lot and didn't have space at camp. We got some from a local garden centre and took them down to Latitude, they were fantastic. If you were willing to take an order and have them delivered outside of the festival I'd take a few. If not then I might come find you and see how many it's feasible for me to take home on the coach for Latitude.

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Seemed reasonably popular last year.If I'm going to make some this year would any eFesters be interested? As last year there will be a discount for anyone on here. I need to make a decision as i have to by the timber in soon and then make them. If I delay they won't be dry enough for a clean bright burn,

cheers, J

Do you sell these at your layby? To be honest, we don't spend much time at the tent when at Glasto, but I'd be interested in getting some for other camping trips. 

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

min 2 1/2 hours, usually 3 or 4 hours. Unlike normal fires they don't burn the ground. That means that no hole is left like with a normal fire so cleaning up is easy and there is no hole which can be a hazard for cows. Timber is FSC accredited and comes from managed forestry in Somerset.

and I used mine as a stool the rest of the festy - just turn it upside down.

* when its gone out and cooled down obviously!

I'd have one - first year in campervan field for us so assuming they're OK to have there?  I might even buy a couple & take one home for post-Glastonbury, seeing as it won't be a long walk back to the car this year!

Also - please could you share your website again - I have some non-Glastonbury related, wedding decor type questions for you! :)

12 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

We had two last year at our camp and we were only talking about these the other day! So I think we would be interested! 

@lucyginger are we interested? 

Yes we are interested!! They were brilliant, I would highly recommend them to everyone!! We had 2, they lasted all of the Wednesday night last year. Lit one about 9.30pm, then the other about 1.30am and that saw us through til about 6am (bedtime) :)

Sawdusty gives a lovely hug too when you go and get them :)

11 hours ago, sweetsounding said:

They look wonderful... But heavy, you wheelbarrow them onto site for us as well dusty? :rofl: don't ask for much eh? 

I'll most likely be based in The Croissant Neuf Field in The Greenfields so they can be picked up from there.

Might try to sort out some other little depot on site and if there are enough pre orders will try to do a delivery run to the CV fields on the Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'll most likely be based in The Croissant Neuf Field in The Greenfields so they can be picked up from there.

Might try to sort out some other little depot on site and if there are enough pre orders will try to do a delivery run to the CV fields on the Tuesday.

Awesome count me in for a pre-order then :)