Phone question

Wellyboot

Hello just after a bit of advice please 

In previous years I've swapped my sim into my 'festival phone' with a spare battery charged and it lasts fine. But it is annoying checking you have all the number etc swapping the sim back.

My question is, is it worth getting a power bar for my normal smart phone? How many charges would it do? Is it a pain getting them recharged and would it be a good idea to get 2?

Or should I stick to my old faithful? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :D

I used one of these last year charged my phone every night and still had charge left on the way home

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology-22400mAh-Flashlight-Smartphones-/dp/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1450124298&sr=8-11&keywords=portable+charger

Other on here have used these too with the same results

Edited by donthaveacoolname
Spelling!!!!

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

My question is, is it worth getting a power bar for my normal smart phone? How many charges would it do? Is it a pain getting them recharged and would it be a good idea to get 2?

Unless you hear otherwise, I'd work to the assumption that EE won't be running their swap out service this time, given that they've seemingly ditched the scheme elsewhere. So you'll probably want to go for something that will last the Festival without needing to be recharged/swapped/etc like the one linked above. 22400mah is about 5-10 times the capacity of a typical smart phone battery and realistically that'll mean that even on phones with the largest battery you should be able to last the Festival and get a full charge out of it each day.

I got this one last year and it lasted me a full 5 days and charged a few other people too, I even have charge spare when I got home

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukey-20000mAh-Portable-External-Motorola/dp/B00SR5N5HU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1455104681&sr=8-8&keywords=portable+charger

they're also really good for charging around the house when you aren't near a plug, I use my all the time for that :) 

2 hours ago, sloseph said:

I got this one last year and it lasted me a full 5 days and charged a few other people too, I even have charge spare when I got home

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukey-20000mAh-Portable-External-Motorola/dp/B00SR5N5HU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1455104681&sr=8-8&keywords=portable+charger

they're also really good for charging around the house when you aren't near a plug, I use my all the time for that :) 

I've never seen one of them before... You're my hero.

My brilliant, bargainous Anker power bar, fully charged, kept my iPhone going Monday - Monday and still had some juice left when I got home. I used my phone A LOT in 2015 as I was a solo raver and so did a lot of walking around taking LOTS of pics and posting LOTS of smug shit on BookFace about how epic it all was. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10 February 2016 at 0:12 AM, incident said:

Unless you hear otherwise, I'd work to the assumption that EE won't be running their swap out service this time, given that they've seemingly ditched the scheme elsewhere. So you'll probably want to go for something that will last the Festival without needing to be recharged/swapped/etc like the one linked above. 22400mah is about 5-10 times the capacity of a typical smart phone battery and realistically that'll mean that even on phones with the largest battery you should be able to last the Festival and get a full charge out of it each day.

That'll be a shame - they were brilliant last year.

We used the EE chargers plus have an Anker which does about 5 full charges.  Used the phones probably more than we should, plus I have an Apple Watch.  Without the EE swaps will probably just reduce phone use - the main problem is keeping the Bluetooth on to connect to the watch.

i take a really old nokia ...i wouldnt ever think about taking an expencive thing ..

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2016/01/28/libertines-gig-goer-arrested-after-being-caught-with-38-stolen-mobile-phones-in-his-trousers/

i was at the gig after this lol ...it cant just be the libs the bastards target !!!!