2016 - Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19 July 2016 at 3:53 PM, paddyclark said:

Some food advice.....  

M6 Tebay services is a farm shop and does amazing sausages and black pudding  worth a stocking visit on the way to the festival...  Also do an amazing Cheese and Garlic loaf

looks like we will all be gatecrashing your tent nom nom lol 

26 minutes ago, Cai1 said:

How strict are they with gazebos???

They make wet weather a bit more pleasant

They're not. But if you bring one it takes up the space a tent would have and that tent is then shunted up against another tent and so on and so on... Hence they ask you not to bring one.

Anyway, its not going to rain this weekend. You have my word :) 

On 7/19/2016 at 3:53 PM, paddyclark said:

Some food advice.....  

M6 Tebay services is a farm shop and does amazing sausages and black pudding  worth a stocking visit on the way to the festival...  Also do an amazing Cheese and Garlic loaf

Amazing quality food, but the price tag matches!

The shop best shop for that is Cranstons, just off junction 40 in Penrith.  Very good quality food, not scandalous price! :)

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

What happens on Thursday night apart from Ash and the Charlatans? Is other stuff open? 

And what day is Baggy Monday's again please? 

Theres some stuff on in Glow on Thursday....Baggy Mondays after headliners in Calling Out on Saturday....wont be as packed as Stonebridge 

39 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Theres some stuff on in Glow on Thursday....Baggy Mondays after headliners in Calling Out on Saturday....wont be as packed as Stonebridge 

I'm not sure I've been anywhere as packed as Stonebridge! 

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

What's the story with baggy Mondays? 

Are we talking midnight for a couple of hours on Saturday ? 

8 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

What's the story with baggy Mondays? 

Are we talking midnight for a couple of hours on Saturday ? 

Looking at the order of play on the Calling Out tent, thats my guess. Better than the House Party of the last couple of years I think

19 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

What happens on Thursday night apart from Ash and the Charlatans? Is other stuff open? 

And what day is Baggy Monday's again please? 

Chai Wallahs is open on Thursday too, usually great fun to hang around in after the headliners! Music at one end, hot and cold alcoholic drinks and food at the other!

Is there anywhere online saying who is playing when and on which stage? My wife went last year and said they sold out of programs quite quickly so they missed bands they wanted to see because they didn't know when and where they were playing.

15 minutes ago, anth85 said:

Is there anywhere online saying who is playing when and on which stage? My wife went last year and said they sold out of programs quite quickly so they missed bands they wanted to see because they didn't know when and where they were playing.

https://www.facebook.com/kendalcalling/posts/10155045772938761

Those listed first for each day are playing latest. x

6 minutes ago, anth85 said:

thanks, I saw that about 5 minutes after posting that. Doesn't say roughly what time each is expected to be on though, does the program tell you?

Yes it does. Someone has had a bit of an attempt at a Clashfinder too:

http:///s/kc2016/

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Chai Wallahs is open on Thursday too, usually great fun to hang around in after the headliners! Music at one end, hot and cold alcoholic drinks and food at the other!

Cheers for the info Simpo. I didn't go in there last year so I may give it a go!

36 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Another question that I asked last year and didn't note the answer... What postcode shall I put in my sat nav?? x

Hi Curly, its CA10 3DY but they request you switch off when close by and use their signage directions

Rob

14 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Looking at the order of play on the Calling Out tent, thats my guess. Better than the House Party of the last couple of years I think

Baggy Mondays now confirmed 11pm till 3am Saturday in Calling Out. Will be round after madness :-)

8 minutes ago, hurrell said:

Anyone know if you're allowed pass outs to do a couple of trips from the car tomorrow?

Aye you'll be fine once you've got your wrist band to go out and in. Advice in the past was not to carry in only crates of beer on a 2nd run. Split the booze up with the rest of your kit. You'll be fine :-)