2016 - Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

I guess after how well used the last few years threads have been its probably time to start one for this year.

if anyone has any questions they wanna ask about Kendal Calling or need some advice or clarification on something then fire away. It doesn't matter how trivial you think the question is im sure you'll get a response. Nobody on here works for the festival so the answers you'll get are based on our experiences going to it over past years. Don't hit us if we're slightly wrong though as the rules, layouts and plans change a lot

Plus if any non members want to join to ask anything please feel free. The more the merrier

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, ramragon said:

I guess after how well used the last few years threads have been its probably time to start one for this year.

if anyone has any questions they wanna ask about Kendal Calling or need some advice or clarification on something then fire away. It doesn't matter how trivial you think the question is im sure you'll get a response. Nobody on here works for the festival so the answers you'll get are based on our experiences going to it over past years. Don't hit us if we're slightly wrong though as the rules, layouts and plans change a lot

Plus if any non members want to join to ask anything please feel free. The more the merrier

I usually get drunk on the thursday but this year i need to buy my own drink.....how much money do i need to bring with me for the thursday to ensure im get as drunk as im accustomed to being?

Okay, first stupid question from me! Planning on paying extras for shower, what is the difference between club class and club Class & Miss Polly other than £5. Dont really know what the Miss Polly is. Also when booking tickets do you chose camping area you want? Really want to camp in the shire.

1 hour ago, Msv said:

Okay, first stupid question from me! Planning on paying extras for shower, what is the difference between club class and club Class & Miss Polly other than £5. Dont really know what the Miss Polly is. Also when booking tickets do you chose camping area you want? Really want to camp in the shire.

cant help on the showers thing but unless they change it this year, they've been asking what campsite in general you want when u book but it is only indicative for them to gauge how big each plot needs to be. U just enter through main entrance and camp in whichever area takes your fancy

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

I usually get drunk on the thursday but this year i need to buy my own drink.....how much money do i need to bring with me for the thursday to ensure im get as drunk as im accustomed to being?

Ive seen you drink ! I wold suggest arriving on site and setting up early thursday and then consume a crate of stella before heading in to the arena. 

You probably wont need that much more of a budget cos as i remember you had to carry one of your mates back to the tent cos he was comatosed 

1st time at KC, been doing fests for years, but taking the kids (5 & 9) to their first festival as heard that this was the best one for kids.

can anyone give any info on the kind of activities aside from music that they can get involved in? 

20 minutes ago, Rob D said:

1st time at KC, been doing fests for years, but taking the kids (5 & 9) to their first festival as heard that this was the best one for kids.

can anyone give any info on the kind of activities aside from music that they can get involved in? 

Picking up empty cans and empty cups  is the most popular kids activity and taking them to the collection points and exchanging them for cash ! some parents let their kids keep the money others head straight to the bars and get a round in . A fluorescent waist coat is a good call and make them look the part also pair of rubber gloves is advisable especially if the end up picking out the bins and the urinals . 

Cheers jonny lad ! 

They extended the childrens area quite a bit last year with plenty of activities going on throughout the day as well as entertainers and a play area.

Failing that as lochland says a lot of the kids do can collecting to tidy the festival up ! They get 10p an empty can returned to the bar so if they stick in they can pay for the family festival ! and some seem to.... poor bairns

Considering the problems they had last year with the sad death and hospitalisation of other people due to a dodgy batch of recreational stuff i cant imagine them.being that relaxed to be honest.

No festival wants or needs the publicity of what happened last year so i would guess that security may be stricter than previous years. There were security checks and sniffer dogs last year. 

This is probably a better place for my previous post...

We are staying in the camper fields but all our mates are in emperors  - is there any way you can get in - just to sit round camp before bands really.. its part of the festival for me sitting round camp and having a few beers before we head off to see a band.

really dont want to have to buy passes just for visiting when we have paid 70 quid for a camper pass

On 9 February 2016 at 6:25 PM, ramragon said:

Ive seen you drink ! I wold suggest arriving on site and setting up early thursday and then consume a crate of stella before heading in to the arena. 

You probably wont need that much more of a budget cos as i remember you had to carry one of your mates back to the tent cos he was comatosed 

That bloke was gillespied the whole weekend... I kept tripping over him as he sprawled where he fell haha! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pooly JP said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best tent/ tent advice thread that was started a while back.

Sure I remember seeing one but can't find it now.

cheers.

there was one started by me, just after KC on 12th August 2014 when we decided after the rainy one to buy a new tent.

It was called 'Tent Advice'

Edited by bottonrob