Worthy View Advice

Tomothy123

Newby here, never done Glastonbury before and super excited! booked a 4 man bell tent at worthy view and was wondering if anyone had any advice / experience with these? How big are we talking? can you stand up inside? How close can you get your car? is the hill really that bad??! any info about your time at worthy view would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

My friends had a bell tent last year and loved it. In answer to your questions, yes they are big, you can even fit five people if you want although you can only register four occupants. My friends had no problem with the hill either. The hill gives a nice route home each night through the stone circle and strummerville so it could be a more entertaining than arduous trek back. The car park is very close and you have your own route into the site.

My friends had a positive experience so I was really pleased when I secured two for our group this year. Looking forward to trying it out.

The car park is right near by which is the main perk for me.  

The hill is not that bad if you are fairly fit.  It is short but steep. They now have built proper steps and a hand rail in to make it easier.  

bell tents are further back in the site than the scout tents, so you have a slightly further walk.  

its a great view of the festival to boot.

The bell tents are fab. You can stand up inside them easily. They are quite close to carpark (10 mind depending on where you're parked in it). They are furthest away from the gate but that makes them quieter with some portaloos nearby. Last year there was an extra breakfast bar but we always cook our own. The hill is 7 mins of cardio! I love the proximity to the Park/SE corner/stone circle/greenfields etc which makes the walk home at night manageable. Strummerville is up at Pennard Gate too now. 

This is isn't my photo but found it on a google a while back image.thumb.png.d348c94b2a362abeb8ee8be9

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

How busy do the surrounding roads leading to the WV entrance get on the Wednesday morning? Any one had any experience on arriving from the North - which is the best route etc?

I've only arrived Wednesday afternoon when it has been fine, traffic to the worthy view campsite virtually non existent once you see the signs. No benefit (apart from extra time there) of arriving early as tents are pre-allocated, however your car would be a bit nearer to the entrance.  I always come down the m5 and avoid driving through Bristol/Bath. Come off at j.23 and follow a39 east. Not so many people approach from due west (it would seem).