OnBlackheath Festival 2016

DDave

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Finished at 10 or half 10 at night if I remember rightly last night.

Cheers dave. Sounds like it will need to be an early start then :-)

Fella at work today was telling me there is a decent brewery near this that's worth a visit. Anyone been or heard of it?  He couldn't remember the name.

11 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Cheers dave. Sounds like it will need to be an early start then :-)

Fella at work today was telling me there is a decent brewery near this that's worth a visit. Anyone been or heard of it?  He couldn't remember the name.

Sounds like might be worth a visit! 

Anybody got any idea how long Bobby G is likely to be out of action? Wondering if it will affect their Saturday headline slot?

On 08/06/2016 at 7:54 AM, Flaminglippy said:

Sounds like might be worth a visit! 

Anybody got any idea how long Bobby G is likely to be out of action? Wondering if it will affect their Saturday headline slot?

2 month lay off for Bob. They have now cancelled a couple of fests in July. If 2 months is right then should be good for this one ?

Just seen craig charles has been added to the Sunday :-)

This is excellent news but will he clash with belle and Sebastian? 

Says he's on stage 3. Is that in a tent and maybe on till later than 10.30am does anyone know? 

James, belle and Sebastian,  Craig charles would be a cracking Sunday night! 

• 3 weeks later...

Seen the sister festival for this 'OnRoundhay'? Just booked a hotel for a couple of days close to the park and if they announce another couple of bands I like will probably do this one as well. 

Bit odd though...James are headlining over Primals when at 'OnBlackheath' Primals are headlining and James are subbing under B&S. 

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Seen the sister festival for this 'OnRoundhay'? Just booked a hotel for a couple of days close to the park and if they announce another couple of bands I like will probably do this one as well. 

Bit odd though...James are headlining over Primals when at 'OnBlackheath' Primals are headlining and James are subbing under B&S. 

It's B&S headlining over James which is strange.

Anyway, hotel and trains all booked for us, just tickets next and then the decision of whether to take our 2 year old in addition to our 9 year old or find a babysitter!

30 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's B&S headlining over James which is strange.

Anyway, hotel and trains all booked for us, just tickets next and then the decision of whether to take our 2 year old in addition to our 9 year old or find a babysitter!

We've decided we're taking our 1 year old to both days at OnBlackheath and the OnRoundhay one as they look very kid friendly and can't imagine the crowd will be that rowdy (unless they riot after running out of Pimms). Took her to Godiva last Saturday and she loved it so cautiously optimistic will be as easy at these as well. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

10 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

We've decided we're taking our 1 year old to both days at OnBlackheath and the OnRoundhay one as they look very kid friendly and can't imagine the crowd will be that rowdy (unless they riot after running out of Pimms). Took her to Godiva last Saturday and she loved it so cautiously optimistic will be as easy at these as well. 

It's not the crowd I'm worried about being rowdy, it's the 2 year old lol.

No good for me sadly. It's a reduced price w/e ticket deal effectively. Seeing Primal Scream and Hot Chip elsewhere this summer so I'm hoping some cheap Sunday only tickets might emerge.

but thanks for the heads up anyway!

Edited by johnl

1 hour ago, johnl said:

No good for me sadly. It's a reduced price w/e ticket deal effectively. Seeing Primal Scream and Hot Chip elsewhere this summer so I'm hoping some cheap Sunday only tickets might emerge.

Sorry, should have explained it better.

Any of you good folks with local knowledge recommend an easy and quick way to get to the site from Euston on Sunday morning? 

Trains seem to involve lots of changes and I can't find a bus option.

Should I walk from Euston to a bus station, and roughly how long would the bus take. Cheers :-)

43 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Any of you good folks with local knowledge recommend an easy and quick way to get to the site from Euston on Sunday morning? 

Trains seem to involve lots of changes and I can't find a bus option.

Should I walk from Euston to a bus station, and roughly how long would the bus take. Cheers :-)

You only need two trains. Get the northern line underground southbound from Euston to Charing cross, then an overland train to Blackheath. It'll take about 40 mins all in I'd say.

Note the northern line from Euston branches into 2, one going via bank, one via Charing cross. Make sure you get a Charing cross train!

Edit bus is NOT an option!

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, smwatson said:

Ah super, just booked a couple. Can't argue with that price for a decent lineup just up the road from home. 

The fact they have heavily discounted these tickets has put me off buying tickets for the 'OnRoundhay' until closer to the time in case they end up doing the same thing. 

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, johnl said:

Will these come as two separate day tickets or simply as a weekend ticket?  I don't have much interest in the Sunday and have to be back in Newcastle for work on the Monday anyway but would happily split the cost if they were actually two separate tickets.

On 10/07/2016 at 1:35 PM, russycarps said:

You only need two trains. Get the northern line underground southbound from Euston to Charing cross, then an overland train to Blackheath. It'll take about 40 mins all in I'd say.

Note the northern line from Euston branches into 2, one going via bank, one via Charing cross. Make sure you get a Charing cross train!

Edit bus is NOT an option!

Thanks for this Russy :)

I`m aiming to stay sober enough on the way down to be able to follow your directions.

Does anyone know when Craig Charles will start / finish knocking out the tunes. I`m still hopeful of catching him after Belle and Sebastian but looking at the finishing times this might not be possible. 

14 hours ago, smwatson said:

Just a heads-up that despite the advertised end date, these are still available this morning... 

Typical.  Booked mine last thing yesterday but would have preferred to wait for my new credit card statement to start.

If they turn up as two separate tickets I'll be more than happy to let the Sunday one go to a good home for a very reasonable price.  Or, failing that, I'll probably just give it away if I can't recoup any of the overall cost.  Literally more or less just going for Hot Chip after being basically forced to miss them while at BBK.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/07/2016 at 3:16 PM, johnl said:

Use code Heavenly10 for a tenner off.

https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/onblackheath-2016-heavenly/tickets

On 16/07/2016 at 1:19 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Thanks for this Russy :)

I`m aiming to stay sober enough on the way down to be able to follow your directions.

Does anyone know when Craig Charles will start / finish knocking out the tunes. I`m still hopeful of catching him after Belle and Sebastian but looking at the finishing times this might not be possible. 

The time tables are up. His set is exactly the same as B&S. Roachford and James overlap as well. Bum.