2016 line up

thurlow84

Wondering if we have all of the main stage (or top 4 or 5 on each day)? Feels like it needs another announcement, feel its 2 or 3 more well know acts short this year. 

Last year had sold out by now, Would love Richard Ashcroft as a sub (if that was to Noel that would be amazing, but unlikely), get Kodaline back to make up for last year.  Eliza and the Bear are playing YNOT the same weekend and they usually share some acts

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, the salmon said:

Wondering if we have all of the main stage (or top 4 or 5 on each day)? Feels like it needs another announcement, feel its 2 or 3 more well know acts short this year. 

This would be my feeling. Happy enough with what we have so far but needs filling out a bit with a few more to get the excitement up....and sell the last of the tickets. Pretty sure it will sell out anyway so hope they don`t settle for the acts they have.

To be fair, I`m probably being greedy after last years line up.

2 hours ago, Pooly JP said:

Yeah sorry meant other 2 calling out headliners, Blossoms are already confirmed as first one on the website. 

Blossoms certainly seem to be on the way to bigger things but hopefully a couple of more established acts to be announced. 

Nathaniel rateliff would be a fine calling out booking. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, the salmon said:

hoping thats not it, the main stage still looks 2 or 3 decent acts short.

Hope your right and nice to see your post is not about buying or selling tickets :-)

I'm happy enough with the line-up but could do with a couple of decent additions as you say.

Was definitely sold out by this time last year so hopefully another few names soon to push the remaining tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 9:46 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Hope your right and nice to see your post is not about buying or selling tickets :-)

I'm happy enough with the line-up but could do with a couple of decent additions as you say.

Was definitely sold out by this time last year so hopefully another few names soon to push the remaining tickets.

Haha, there does seem to be a lot of ticket posts this year, not much chat about the lineup. I think it sold out about 20th March last year, so 6 weeks on and not sold out, and they are hammering the adverts on twitter.  Think they may have spent most of the money on Noel!!!  

1 hour ago, the salmon said:

Haha, there does seem to be a lot of ticket posts this year, not much chat about the lineup. I think it sold out about 20th March last year, so 6 weeks on and not sold out, and they are hammering the adverts on twitter.  Think they may have spent most of the money on Noel!!!  

Wonder if noel is the most expensive act they have booked? 

Hopefully still something left in the kitty. Are we not still missing a couple of main stage acts for each day?  Plus the Craig Charles announcement of course :-)

18 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Wonder if noel is the most expensive act they have booked? 

Hopefully still something left in the kitty. Are we not still missing a couple of main stage acts for each day?  Plus the Craig Charles announcement of course :-)

Noel must be, though i suspect Madness won't be dirt cheap either, and Pete Doherty will probably command a few quid even for the calling out stage.

But thinking of last year, Elbow won't have been too cheap, and James are quite expensive and Snoop must have cost a lot of money as well?

I do hope there is still a bit of money left for a couple more decent names.

Not sure that we'll be getting another main stage to be honest, although not the line-up that excites me most but better than 2 years ago! (still can't believe they booked Frank Turner as a headline) it actually looks pretty full... in no order, nor guessing on days etc you easily have 5 acts each day (excluding the Thursday) for example...

Fri: RUDIMENTAL CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN BAND OF SKULLS GHOSTPOET SUGARHILL GANG

Sat: MADNESS  KELIS THE HIVES LIGHTNING SEEDS WE ARE SCIENTISTS

Sun: NOEL GALLAGHER’S HIGH FLYING BIRDS EVERYTHING EVERYTHING MAXIMO PARK THE DARKNESS RAT BOY

7 hours ago, timeforher0es said:

Anybody know if the calling out headliners and main stage headliners directly clash? Never been before but would like to see Noel & Madness as well as Pete Doherty & Blossoms but looks like there likely to clash.

They usually do clash....though the main stage headliners do start earlier as a rule....i watched elbow last yeat do a few songs then went to catch british sea power

A few more additions to the line posted tonight including Milburn playing the main stage. KC beaten to it again by YNot who also announced them but for the Thursday so looking like they play KC over the weekend rather than as a Thursday extra. Great live/festival band just restarting there live come back

Not overly arsed with the new additions either.  Feels like a real drop from last year, but thats probably because I dislike Pete Doherty, cant get in to Blossoms, and there is this ridiculous hype over ratboy and the sherlocks, yet they are the acts that people seem to be excited about.

Noel has blown the budget and there is no money for any depth.  Their other festival has been cancelled also hasnt it?