Martin Ashford

Does the Beyoncé UK stadium tour starting on the Tuesday after Glastonbury mean she's going to make a return to the world famous Pyramid stage? Is it too soon for her to headline again or will she join the much rumoured Chris Martin and Coldplay as their special guest as she did at the Superbowl where she apparently upstaged them? Have I been reading too many online tabloid style news articles in a desperate hunt for Glastonbury news? Quite probably.

2 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Am I the only one who thought the HT Show was truly awful?

Because it was!

The whole caboodle was a load of crap. What a shit game American football is.

Lady Gaga was pretty good though and I would like her at Glasto.

Edited by eastynh

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The whole caboodle was a load of crap. What a shit game American football is.

Lady Gaga was pretty good though and I would like her at Glasto.

I happen to like NFL, but it was awful, apparently she was good. At least she'd put a fresh perspective on headline as opposed to Coldplay :lol: 

Half Time Shows in daylight don't work!

I can easily see why TS loved it. That was a typically overblown American production - not a million miles removed from her own stage shows. I liked it  - particularly the Boss and the Big Man in silhouette. It got a bit We Are The World at the end. Beyoncé can have it.

15 minutes ago, Bobs said:

I happen to like NFL, but it was awful, apparently she was good. At least she'd put a fresh perspective on headline as opposed to Coldplay :lol: 

Half Time Shows in daylight don't work!

Only half time show I have had the misfortune of being in attendance for was at Maine Rd for the 1st ever live Monday night game on Sky many moons ago.

Undercover came on and mimed their version of Baker Street. They were ultimately ridiculed from the terraces where everyone boo'ed and sang over them. Thankfully after, Sky realised that half time shows, fireworks, parachutists landing on the pitch and general razzmatazz is not required at Football matches in England and no one had to suffer it again.

Edited by eastynh

aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

if she plays at least i can be very far away shes terrible

56 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Am I the only one who thought the HT Show was truly awful?

Because it was!

it was absolutely dreadful. one of the worst i can remember.

beyonce was utter shit too, but seems to be getting the attention because of the message behind her performance. Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson were rubbish.

at least Chris Martin sang live though, even if the performance was bland as fuck.

38 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it was absolutely dreadful. one of the worst i can remember.

beyonce was utter shit too, but seems to be getting the attention because of the message behind her performance. Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson were rubbish.

at least Chris Martin sang live though, even if the performance was bland as fuck.

The end bit of Beyonce, Bruno and Chris Martin doing Uptown Funk was really bad.

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There was a message?

A massively important one. Whatever you think of her music, its vitally important for figures like Beyonce to take the kind of message she has through her activism into middle American homes. Some out of ignorance, and some out of choice, the kind of things that are happening in America currently are very easily ignored by those not affected, just like here. Beyonce used the biggest platform of them all to take those things right into the living room of middle white America and that's why the right wing American press are kicking off, because they don't like to be made uncomfortable.

To fully disclose, I haven't watched the whole performance but have read and watched the reporting around it. 

This is the time when figures like Beyonce, Kendrick and Kanye are vital.

18 minutes ago, Spindles said:

To add to that, I understand that right wing america is also unimpressed with the video for her new track.  I must take a look and see why.

I just watched it. It's pretty radical for a big mainstream star. Got to give her a big hand for it.

2 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

A massively important one. Whatever you think of her music, its vitally important for figures like Beyonce to take the kind of message she has through her activism into middle American homes. Some out of ignorance, and some out of choice, the kind of things that are happening in America currently are very easily ignored by those not affected, just like here. Beyonce used the biggest platform of them all to take those things right into the living room of middle white America and that's why the right wing American press are kicking off, because they don't like to be made uncomfortable.

To fully disclose, I haven't watched the whole performance but have read and watched the reporting around it. 

This is the time when figures like Beyonce, Kendrick and Kanye are vital.

My man!