Tangerine fields cancelled 2016

richardk23

40 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Any news on whether they're doing their own pre-pitched thing? Festival No. 6 seem to be doing their own one rather than Tangerine Fields this year. Seems to be becoming a common theme.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that T are going to offer their own thing. It looks to be one of those things where the profits can be pretty extreme, based on the prices these places are charging.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find that T are going to offer their own thing. It looks to be one of those things where the profits can be pretty extreme, based on the prices these places are charging.

Hope so.. my wife is refusing to go if were camping in main site.

17 hours ago, richardk23 said:

Just got an email saying my booking has been cancelled and money refunded as due to unforseen circumstance they wont be at T 2016

I've a feeling this year is going to be another shambles can't see how they can turn it round with that disaster of a site.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I imagine that this move is actually beneficial to them. Don't see how this is shambolic. 

So, taking the product back from an outsourced company that provided a good service to one that overcrowded punters and generally made their lives miserable with their incompetence in many areas for 5 days, is seen as a good move then? Given their track record in running the general camping and the festival as a whole last year, I wouldn't trust them until they had proven themselves. It may well be beneficial to them but that in no way means it's beneficial to the customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Having had to resort to Tangerine Fields last year with no Citizen T, to me it looks like Pink Moon is similar but dearer. The portaloos at TF were still pretty bad, but an easily reachable shower was a bonus, especially having left a shit Avicci headline in the pouring rain ;-)

In additional to the above, following the cancellation of the Aberdeen forum event, I was emailed by an actual person regarding my feedback last year. I've made such a fuss (I have a younger teenager with me) that I've been assured we'll get a Citizen T spot.....let's see!!