New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

39 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Would a two man be sufficient for one person? I've always opted for a three man tent for myself, but usually have a fair amount of space (I'm about 6 foot) and certainly don't take as much as I used to (no more trollies, try and go light).

Think it would be a mistake and should I opt for a three man?

If you are talking the normal pop ups not the Air, then you would be OK in a 2 man, but I've got both, and the three man just gives you that extra space. If you can go for the three. the only drawback is that the disc when folded is about 30% bigger - not a huge problem though.

I used the 2 man last couple of years but now I have the 3 man, would not want to go back if i didn't have to.

The three man gives that extra flexibility  and worth paying a little extra for.

Edited by Copperface

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

If you are talking the normal pop ups not the Air, then you would be OK in a 2 man, but I've got both, and the three man just gives you that extra space. If you can go for the three. the only drawback is that the disc when folded is about 30% bigger - not a huge problem though.

I used the 2 man last couple of years but now I have the 3 man, would not want to go back if i didn't have to.

The three man gives that extra flexibility  and worth paying a little extra for.

Was thinking of this one: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-2-freshblack-tent-2-man-id_8357354.html

Seems like a decent length (200cm). Just trying to be as compact and light travelling as possible but worried I'll end up being uncomfortable...

Got the 3-man pop-up and tested it out in the local park (I live in central London and can't afford a place with a garden!). It looks great and is nice and dark inside. I had a couple of practises of folding it down and it's pretty easy, there are only 3 or 4 steps to follow - I just hope I remember how to do it after 5 days of partying! 

Looking like it might be a trifle warmer than last year, so hopefully this will keep sleep time nice and cool for longer.

My only qualm so far is the awkwardness of the thing. The disc is fairly large and the strap has no padding and is pretty uncomfortable. I may try and attach it to my rucksack somehow.

Edited by StLewi

40 minutes ago, StLewi said:

My only qualm so far is the awkwardness of the thing. The disc is fairly large and the strap has no padding and is pretty uncomfortable. I may try and attach it to my rucksack somehow.

Agree with this, I've got a pair of neoprene weightlifting gloves which I think might do the job to stop it being uncomfortable carrying it. Another thing, if you're a shortarse like myself, reinforce the bottom of the tent bag with gaffer tape. Just a few scuffs on the floor can cause it to rip open, you can buy spare bags but if you like to add a couple of extra beers or whatever into the bag they can fall out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StLewi said:

This is why I went for the traditional type of tent, I don't mind the extra time it takes to put up but travelling on the coach and having to travel light means everything I take has to be easy to carry. 

Gave mine a test run last night and I'm really happy with how easy it is to get down and back in the bag. My only worry is that many people will have them that I'll get an unwanted visitor in the middle of the night or even be an unwanted visitor!

So my 2 man arpenaz came today and its actually more spacious than I anticipated which is good as I'm 100% following the advice of packing light this year so I'll actually have a nice bit of room to sleep :) Excited to actually sleep in it throughout the festival now, which is such a sad thing to think but I do...

I'm going to ask a really silly question but I'm being lazy and don't want to have to open my tent bag to look as it's all been nicely packed from when I bought it.

Do they come with tent pegs and if so are they metal or plastic? I bought mine new from Decathlon and not seen anything on the website describing pegs.

5 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm going to ask a really silly question but I'm being lazy and don't want to have to open my tent bag to look as it's all been nicely packed from when I bought it.

Do they come with tent pegs and if so are they metal or plastic? I bought mine new from Decathlon and not seen anything on the website describing pegs.

Mine came with pegs (I'm shire they All do) but I got the light wieght hiker version som my pegs are fancy alloy, I imagine the other versions will be steel or aluminium. 

I would open it and check you have everything before you go. One year I realised my tent was missing its poles, and I've lost count of the number of friends  who've turned up without without pegs in the past 

I love my tent. Think it's the only thing that kept me alive yesterday. My friends were struggling with their tents, mine was up in a flash and I was hiding from the relentless sun moments after arriving on camp. 

I can hear lots of movement outside now but its still so dark and cool in here. I'm not moving till I have to

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
14 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

I'm in the market for a new tent, what's the verdict on these? Hot tent is honestly my least favorite thing about the festival

Fantastic.

It's easily worth 2-3 hours every morning compared to all the people camped around you.