First Timer advice on buying tickets tomorrow & camping

Msv

Been to a few festivals but never to Kendal Calling. Planning on getting tickets tomorrow, but confused by tickets and want to make sure that everyone in group ends up in same field.  What should we go for? Its a family affair and while we like to have a laugh we also like a bit of sleep :-) will tickets for emperors fields be on sale tomorrow or are they usually gone with earlier released tickets?  If available what is the benefit of paying extra for them compared to a toilet/shower band? Any other advive/info we should be aware of would be good. Thanks

I'd be tempted to go for family camping rather than Emperors to be honest.

We go Emperors every year but that is more because I am not the best walker and it is where you can park closest (200-600 yards away) from the camping field. You will here the music from the dance tent until it finishes (3am+). Yes you get the showers free but pretty much all the toilets in the camping fields are the same compost jobbies now so not sure there is a benefit there anymore. Emperors even lost the espresso tent last year too so I had to drink instant!

Most people use emperors for the free showers but there are shower blocks dotted round that you can pay £6 for that dont usually have queues. Emperors for a family of 4 with booking fees will probably set you back best part of £130 plus. 2 showers each over the 4 days will cost you £48 tops. Plus it always rains so you do get free showers as well ! 

Thanks for info, that helps a lot. Tempted by camping in the shire & paying extra for flushing toilets & showers for weekend, especially if queues at showers are shorter. Just looking forward to line up announcement tonight now :-)

Hi. I'm from Edinburgh too! I recommend the Emperors Fields camping if you can get them. There might be a small amount still to be released? 

IF you do get Emperors fields the Luxury toilets are not worth it IMO. Sure the showers are better they have straighteners and less queues but it's not very well placed on the camp site IMO.