Knife Party - Other Stage ??

Nice hymer

In recent years we've seen a few big electronic/dance acts on the Other Stage.... Orbital, Chemical Bros. Rudimental, Deadmau5, Skrillex and so on...

Could we see Knife Party headline this year ?

They've got a new album out and they're headlining www.nassfestival.com the weekend after Glastonbury.

Thing is, Nassfest is at the Bath & West Showgound, so logistically, it makes a lot of sense - what do you think ?

11 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

In recent years we've seen a few big electronic/dance acts on the Other Stage.... Orbital, Chemical Bros. Rudimental, Deadmau5, Skrillex and so on...

Could we see Knife Party headline this year ?

They've got a new album out and they're headlining www.nassfestival.com the weekend after Glastonbury.

Thing is, Nassfest is at the Bath & West Showgound, so logistically, it makes a lot of sense - what do you think ?

no way are Knife Party big enough to headline the Other stage. not sure where they would play, but that definitely isn't it

Just now, JayBalls said:

Wasn't there a thing about Pendulum getting back on it? Perhaps they are big enough?

have only announced one actual live show so far, and a bunch of DJ sets at other festivals (including IOW) so seems uncertain whether they'll actually be doing any more live shows, and if they were, i think R/L would have a better chance of booking em than the small paying Glastonbury. if they did play, though, Other headliner it would be

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

have only announced one actual live show so far, and a bunch of DJ sets at other festivals (including IOW) so seems uncertain whether they'll actually be doing any more live shows, and if they were, i think R/L would have a better chance of booking em than the small paying Glastonbury. if they did play, though, Other headliner it would be

Ah ok, they looked out of place when they played the pyramid a few years back and think Rob Swire said that was when he decided it was it for them in an interview. Wouldn't mind hearing some of Hold Your Colour live, love that album.

26 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

Well I think they'd be suitable headliners. They've got the tunes, got the lightshow and certainly played to big crowds so why not ?

I was pleasantly surprised by Deadmau5 last year, I can't imagine Knife Party being any less of a draw or any less entertaining...

Cause they're not big enough.

Deadmau5 is considerably bigger than Knife Party

I wouldn't be surprised seeing them headline the Sonic Stage one night though

Edited by jonodillieono

2 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Cause they're not big enough.

Deadmau5 is considerably bigger than Knife Party

I wouldn't be surprised seeing them headline the Sonic Stage one night though

Yeah, you're probably right. A simple YouTube comparison shows how much more popular Deadmau5 is...

I can still dream... can't stand the Sonic stage !