Line-up announcement Monday

Beach Buggy Fan

3 hours ago, RiMo said:

First time poster here so be gentle...but I'm sure Radio X just announced Charlatans, Band of skulls, Everything Everything? Might have to listen again in case I imagined it...first 10 mins of the show if you can listen again?

3 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Yeah I heard it too! Noel Gallagher headlining, catfish and blossoms also mentioned 

Just listened to catch up on Radio X....Jack Saunders defo said all of this!

FFS though...The Charlatans!! Jesus Christ

On 5 February 2016 at 11:08 PM, Mr_Grump said:

Just listened to catch up on Radio X....Jack Saunders defo said all of this!

FFS though...The Charlatans!! Jesus Christ

I saw them at Glastonbury last year, they were the surprise act opening the Festival on the Other stage, really good, great way to start the festival. I really hope they are playing Kendal

3 hours ago, Tug life said:

Don't be dissing the Charlatans, their inclusion might just push me into buying a ticket. I was going to swerve it this year too.

I really like the Charlatans but does seem like they only headlined recently which detracts from them as a draw for me

7 hours ago, bottonrob said:

I really like the Charlatans but does seem like they only headlined recently which detracts from them as a draw for me

Good point well made. I felt the same about Frank Turner; great show first time, second time I felt underwhelmed. But this is the Charlatans, different league, da da dat da dat da da da, feeling it already.

10 minutes ago, Tug life said:

Good point well made. I felt the same about Frank Turner; great show first time, second time I felt underwhelmed. But this is the Charlatans, different league, da da dat da dat da da da, feeling it already.

to be fair, Thursday night Ask followed by Charlatans is an ace start and as I missed The Lightning Seeds both times previously (1*cancellation and then booked into the calling out which was too small & packed to get into) I pretty chuffed there. 

Alot more to the line up than meets the eye if you look past we the headliners.Only watched one headliner last year and that was James on the Thursday. Ash, We are Scientists, and only the blooming HIVES are 3 amazing live bands. Add to that bands on smaller stages like Liberty Ship and Horsebeach, Riot Jazz Band and I'm actually pretty happy on first glance 

Edited by sharkey2007

36 minutes ago, andy85 said:

If I can offload my tickets I probably will. Plenty of 16-20 year olds think it's the greatest announcement of all time on twitter / Facebook.

Seems to show which direction the festival is moving in.

You see I'd say this announcement when compared to last years shows a movement in the opposite direction, particularly when you consider the undercard announced 

7 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

Y Not announce at 7pm tonight...nothing definite these days lol

Whats the deal with Y Not ? Is there a link between the 2 ?

Pretty identical announcement at the same time etc......

I think it`s pretty decent. Hopefully more I like to come but something for everyone and pleased about Madness as never seen them. Hope NGHFB hasn`t taken too much of the dosh. Could do with a few more in the next announcement.