BOARDMASTERS 2016

mxlly

On 8.2.2016 at 0:07 PM, monsoon said:

Anybody heading to boardmasters 2016 alone? I am and could use a buddy... 

I'm actually thinking of going there. I am just not sure if there are still affordable accommodations available. Last time I checked it looked pretty bad already but maybe things changed and people updated their capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking about getting day pass for Friday at Boardmasters as we are staying in the area. But we're confused about the 2 sites - can anybody let us know this works? Do people go to Fistral Beach for the surfing etc during the day and then head over to Watergate Bay later on? Or do people go to one site or the other and stay put all day and evening?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question but just don't quite get it! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 March 2016 at 9:34 PM, bigdaddy1 said:

Thinking about getting day pass for Friday at Boardmasters as we are staying in the area. But we're confused about the 2 sites - can anybody let us know this works? Do people go to Fistral Beach for the surfing etc during the day and then head over to Watergate Bay later on? Or do people go to one site or the other and stay put all day and evening?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question but just don't quite get it! Thanks

There's a shuttle bus between the two sites. You could head down to Fistral beach if there's a gap in the music you want to see at Watergate Bay. I've only been last year but heading back this year. I don't think there's a 'what most people do' sitch to be honest. We tended to stay at WB last year as there was loads we wanted to see and nipped down to WB beach too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! This will be my first visit to Boardmasters, cannot wait! This will also be my first festival going alone. Does anyone know if there is a group of lone Boardmaster festival goers? If there's nothing arranged already, would organising something be of interest to people? 

• 2 weeks later...