Oasis

mufcok

1 minute ago, cammie81 said:

Was that as Eggman? I seem to remember a good song by Eggman on one of the Shine compilations.

I had to look it up but yeah you're right.

From Wikipedia:

After an album in 1996 (First Fruits) under the name Eggman, while still a member of the Boo Radleys, Rowbottom walked away from music for several years after the split.

• Downvote 1

Aye exactly. If they really are gonna show the full Bowie set at the festival this year, I'd like to think they might show it on BBC at a later date. Possibly on a Bowie tribute night, which they will no doubt have at some point. It's such an obvious thing though isn't it? Do they not think that there would be enough demand for this type of thing?

I watched The Who and don't regret my decision. I seen Chemical Brothers in 2011 and they were unbelievable. I love The Who's music though and it was the only likely time I was ever gonna see them.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Aye exactly. If they really are gonna show the full Bowie set at the festival this year, I'd like to think they might show it on BBC at a later date. Possibly on a Bowie tribute night, which they will no doubt have at some point. It's such an obvious thing though isn't it? Do they not think that there would be enough demand for this type of thing?

I dunno, probably there's some kind of complicated copyright issues that ruin everything.

• Downvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 05/02/2016 at 2:01 PM, Alan_C said:

Think I'll download this from youtube incase it disappears at some point. Would love it in better quality but I doubt thats likely. Would be nice if more rare early Oasis stuff like this was released. 

Who actually holds the rights to thos type of stuff? It was channel 4 who broadcast it back then. I've always thought BBC were missing a trick not broadcasting classic full sets their BBC4 late night music schedule for example. They only seen to show the same few every so often, but they must have an absolute shitload stuff. 

Looks like you will get your wish with the Supersonic documentary thats released today.

Strange thing with Oasis in that I have never really reminisced about them. I lived right through it and had some of the best times of my entire life. They are the one band that I have loved who I have generally never gone back and revisited. I always return to Depeche or New Order but never bothered with Oasis.

Yet for some strange reason I have gradually, over the last few days started to get really excited about this documentary. Whether it has been Liam chirping up up some classic one liners or just a general reflection of a more innocent time, I do not know. Going to watch the doc on Wednesday and I may give the 2 classic albums a little love tomorrow.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Looks like you will get your wish with the Supersonic documentary thats released today.

Strange thing with Oasis in that I have never really reminisced about them. I lived right through it and had some of the best times of my entire life. They are the one band that I have loved who I have generally never gone back and revisited. I always return to Depeche or New Order but never bothered with Oasis.

Yet for some strange reason I have gradually, over the last few days started to get really excited about this documentary. Whether it has been Liam chirping up up some classic one liners or just a general reflection of a more innocent time, I do not know. Going to watch the doc on Wednesday and I may give the 2 classic albums a little love tomorrow.

Just left the Premiere at the Printworks.

The film is enjoyable, pretty uplifting, quite funny and a few times revealing. Occaisionally when the bravado drops, it shows them in a different light. Loved seeing bits in the studio. Hearing tunes like Sad song, sang by liam. Liam having to read Champagne Supernova cos he doesn't know the words yet. Stuff like that I really enjoyed.

Its 2 hours long, for a documentary is long - but it is a slice of the times and enjoyable if you are a fan. I can imagine non-fans being put off by the Gallaghers acting up though.

On 2/5/2016 at 2:36 PM, russycarps said:

I agree. Imagine how many classic sets they have between them (CH4+BBC). The amount of unbelievable stuff just sat there rotting away is terrible to think about.

It's ridiculous we had to wait 16 years to hear the full bowie gig for example.

I've been meaning to slip into media city and pinch an HD file of Arcade Fire's 2014 headline show from the archives for quite some time now. My plan for evading security is two Twixes.

On 05/02/2016 at 3:09 PM, russycarps said:

I dunno, probably there's some kind of complicated copyright issues that ruin everything.

Yeah, I think this is also why Glastonbury have become a lot more aggressivee in taking down YouTube videos in the last few years. 

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've been meaning to slip into media city and pinch an HD file of Arcade Fire's 2014 headline show from the archives for quite some time now. My plan for evading security is two Twixes.

I know ya joking, but there are copies out there- it's 7GB though

https://mega.nz#F!7kw0BIYC!YwqZLEHBpmd0MaI7rxURqA

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

I've just been reading stuff from people who went to see it last night. Can't wait to watch it now, seems like there's quite a bit of unexpected new things in there as well. It seems Liam is the star of the show on it.

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just left the Premiere at the Printworks.

The film is enjoyable, pretty uplifting, quite funny and a few times revealing. Occaisionally when the bravado drops, it shows them in a different light. Loved seeing bits in the studio. Hearing tunes like Sad song, sang by liam. Liam having to read Champagne Supernova cos he doesn't know the words yet. Stuff like that I really enjoyed.

Its 2 hours long, for a documentary is long - but it is a slice of the times and enjoyable if you are a fan. I can imagine non-fans being put off by the Gallaghers acting up though.

I'll go and see this just to reminisce about the 90s and reflect on how shit my life is now compared to then. If you were a yoof when oasis broke through you lived through a magical couple of years. Of course it's all a load of crap now, but then it was all utterly wonderful.

8 hours ago, Chawk said:

Yeah, I think this is also why Glastonbury have become a lot more aggressivee in taking down YouTube videos in the last few years. 

The leonard cohen hallelujah clip is still on there.....for now. When that gets deleted the world will end.

45 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'll go and see this just to reminisce about the 90s and reflect on how shit my life is now compared to then. If you were a yoof when oasis broke through you lived through a magical couple of years. Of course it's all a load of crap now, but then it was all utterly wonderful.

The leonard cohen hallelujah clip is still on there.....for now. When that gets deleted the world will end.

I've not seen Supersonic, but I did see Oasis In Their Own Words http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p047mnjh/oasis-in-their-own-words.  I was reminded how I used to listen to music that was really quite poor at the time and reflected on how despite it being quite exciting, I have a much richer and more varied cultural life now.

Anyway, the real excitement came a couple of years later when I went to uni and got into Techno.  At least I wasn't listening to that knowing in the back of my head all the modern music was just a watered down version of stuff from 20-30 years ago.

I'm pretty fond of the present day, it's the only place where anything actually happens.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I would love them to play again, alas . I don't think they ever will.

Noel has said he will reform if someone pays him a fuck load of Money. That is something Glasto don't do. So I doubt they will be reforming for that.

although Noel and Liam do like surprising us

Second best day of my music loving life: drinking in The Parkway pub in Camden watching Utd v Liverpool when Oasis come in.  No seats, Liam sits in mine when I'm at the bar,  so I tell him to do one. He comes back with a seat (from somewhere)  watches the game with us,  then stays on the ale for a few hours after.  His brother and band leaves and Noel asks if he is "alright with you? "  in that caring resigned older brother way.  Was a great evening,  especially when my mate put Blur on the jukebox and after confirming we were indeed taking the piss, Liam proceeds to air guitar to them.  They all came in with little gift boxes. "What's  in that box?"  I enquire.  "We had a launch party for our new album last night".  Only WTSMG!   Made all the more wierd as I was living on the street on the front cover at the time.  

Good times! 

1st best: crashing an after party at Wembley and getting Gillespied with Paul Heaton until four in the morning. 

Edited by mooro
  • Upvote 6