Counting the days...how many is it today?

nigenet

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, SC said:

Jax, that sounds awesome, I haven't seen Warhorse but my youngest has and said it was utterly brilliant, definitely the best stage show he had ever seen.

SS nope nothing romantic for valentines, It's a silly thing in our house that none of us think that we should express our love to each other because we are told to by outside sources, it should be expressed without instruction. 

CnD bit of advice needed, just tried Chivas Regal for the first time ever and my reaction was to scrape my tongue over my teeth and make the expression of a cat licking a sliced lemon...  Is that normal? 

Yip that's about right Chivas Regal is mainly for export sales, their single malt Strahlsla isn't too bad but the blended Chivas is a bit rough 

Rams was very good but not really what we expected from the trailer.  It was a lot darker and slower paced than the trailer makes out but it was very well shot, acted and the story was very touching with an ending we talked about for the rest of the night

and Iceland looked as wonderful as ever

8 hours ago, Cal and Del said:

yes that the view from our cabin

it's one of the reason why we chose it :D

I see mountains CnD :D:D:D:D:D 

11 hours ago, Jax2000 said:

How did the 'fishing' observation go SC

:)

Started ok but soon became wet, very cold, flooding, debis and mud. The official Observation had to stop later in the morning because their insurance only allows Observation at 3 degrees or above and temp dropped to around 2. Stopped for lunch temp rose and a cracking afternoons "fishing" was had. 

Crikey Jax - that is rather clever for first thing in the morning! :):) 

Cal N Del, H has hair........ :):) 

Lovely view there, Cal N Del, snow on the mountains and everything :):)  It was the view from our bedroom which sold our house to me; just knew I wanted to wake to it every morning. :):) 

Lovely walk from Bradford on Avon to Avoncliff along the muddy towpath yesterday only to find our kingfisher viewing area at the pub in Avoncliff was roped off and closed. The water was high and rushing and may have caused damage to make it unsafe, we don't know, but we had our beer and crisps when we got home. :):) 

Hope it is a tad or two warmer for your next observed fishing session, S.C. :):) 

Happy Mondays everyone :):) 

7 hours ago, Jax2000 said:

Doesn't Mrs SC get right piscatored off with all this fishing SC? :wink:

Blimey just Googled that so piscator means Fisherman, very good, nice use of Fish, man and euphemism.  I'm very impressed, don't expect such an excellently crafted response from me :D 

I only started the Fishing training in October and do about 150 miles practice a week, plus mentored/observed fishing once a fortnight of about 70 to 120 miles, so it works out at about 2 days a week.  But Mrs SC realises that fishing is dangerous and that doing something to mitigate that risk is good.  Once you have passed the training you are about the same standard as Police Fishing, and they don't like to loose their own so train them well :)   

Glad you like my euphemism SC.....I do try to be witty if I can!

The only trouble with 'fishing' is that you can have the best 'tackle' and be 'fishing' in the calmest 'waters', but it doesn't stop some great big 'bear' from coming out of the 'woods' and crashing into you, knocking you into the 'river'.

That's my pessimistic streak coming out....sorry!

:dontknow:

Absolutely Jax, so if you know that you love fishing surely it is best to train to correctly anticipate the bear and how to best try to avoid it. Never ever guaranteed that you'll correctly anticipate or that avoidance will work, but it shifts the odds a bit in my favour. Just because something is dangerous does not mean people should not do it. People choose to do very dangerous things like horse riding on country roads, which is great that they do it despite the dangers but before I did such a thing I would want to be properly trained to reduce that risk a bit :)