Electric Forest 2016 lineup revealed: same weekend as Glastonbury

theDandy

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kamasi Washington and Neon Indian :( that's a shame. was really hoping they'd both be there. only other name who i thought was a big likelihood was Major Lazer

Kamasi Washington is the one I'm most disappointed at, I had West Holts visions of him. I assumed Major Lazer to be a big likelihood too after seeing his name being rumoured a few times by different people, but not too fussed by that, obviously they might still play but would be considered highly unlikely now I am imagining 

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kamasi Washington and Neon Indian :( that's a shame. was really hoping they'd both be there. only other name who i thought was a big likelihood was Major Lazer

Thing is though, where would ML fit now? If all those others are correct bar places then it's an unlikely WHs bump anyway.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Tame Impala will be on Pyramid if they're playing. Bastille, The 1975 and another for Other subs

I agree, I was just saying if anything did change, they will be playing though. I'm doubting a bit they'll be at Reading though, I wonder if it's seen by FR as a festival for them? Surely they aren't going to share acts with another fest and have them sub?

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I agree, I was just saying if anything did change, they will be playing though. I'm doubting a bit they'll be at Reading though, I wonder if it's seen by FR as a festival for them? Surely they aren't going to share acts with another fest and have them sub?

Tame Impala?  i think they'll only appear at one of Glastonbury or Reading. could go either way really. definitely don't think they'd be overlooked by FR though as the new album has been huge and they're clearly a popular band

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Who are "String cheese incident" and why are they not on at Glastonbury?!

they played the 'lost stage' at Glastonbury one year - and were fantastic. I bumped into them in the crowd during Cyderdelic's set and they gave me a tinny, toke and a free CD - great guys.

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tame Impala?  i think they'll only appear at one of Glastonbury or Reading. could go either way really. definitely don't think they'd be overlooked by FR though as the new album has been huge and they're clearly a popular band

Surely they could play both if both wanted them.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they could but i don't think they will myself. think Glastonbury looks more likely, especially with them not having been announced for R/L yet

Probably correct, considering they are in Denver Aug 31st, it does leave enough time but you would think they will have broken off from Euro touring to start on the US by then.

16 hours ago, theDandy said:

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/64108/20160202/electric-forest-2016-lineup-major-lazer-bassnectar-porter-robinson-fetty-wap-baauer.htm

Is it pretty much safe to say that it's unrealistic whoever is at Electric Forest will be at Glastonbury and vice versa? Might rule out a few names. 

Whoever they are, sign them up for Glastonbury on their name alone: Flosstradamus, Broccoli Samurai, Fetty Wap, Hippie Sabotage...and the already mentioned String Cheese Incident. 

6 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Whoever they are, sign them up for Glastonbury on their name alone: Flosstradamus, Broccoli Samurai, Fetty Wap, Hippie Sabotage...and the already mentioned String Cheese Incident. 

Fetty Wap sounds like northern slang for a sexually transmitted disease...

I know this is a completely weird out-of-the-blue bit of speculation but looking at Longitude festival past lineups from since i've noticed that at least 2 out of 3 headliners tend to play glastonbury in the same year. With Major Lazer ruled out, according to this odd pattern it makes both Kendrick Lamar and The National more likely for glastonbury as those are the 3 headliners for longitude. Let's keep dreamin