24 Hour Bars

gerardfenton18

19 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

I was kind of hoping there would be at least one. Theres nothing better than a crisp drink from a bar to keep you going at that time of the morning

Luckily a can kept under your porch plastic is usually pretty cool early on, although it's probably warmed up a bit by that time.

You'd be fine at 6:00 though!

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

A nice Rioja can be a mighty fine drink at that time of the morning.

As always, Yog, old bean, among the flotsam and jetsam of random, entertaining tangential thoughts, anecdotes and observations that issue forth from your unique mind, a moment of searing clarity.

Wine in the a.m. at Glastonbury is indeed the king of breakfast juice. 

Nice fucking selection too, btw.

2 hours ago, gerardfenton18 said:

in the absence of an early bar i'll just have to resort back to the faithfull spirits in the morning , cans in the evening :)

When it was the Bourbon Street place, the one in the markets (down one or two roads from Williams Green) was open fairly early, as I used to get a Borubon and Crumpet from Strumpets with Crumpets for breakfast before Bands started. Maybe the one that replaced it still is?

I've got a feeling one of the park bars might be open to. 

(This is rather vague/not very useful information I grant you).

55 minutes ago, Woffy said:

As always, Yog, old bean, among the flotsam and jetsam of random, entertaining tangential thoughts, anecdotes and observations that issue forth from your unique mind, a moment of searing clarity.

Wine in the a.m. at Glastonbury is indeed the king of breakfast juice. 

Nice fucking selection too, btw.

I once did a whole Glastonbury almost purely on red wine, along with a friend of mine who also did the same. He'll be chastised on here but he left his tent behind purely because he couldn't actually find it on the last day his mind was that addled. We all thought he'd fully packed up when we began to leave the site. It only came out on the journey home that he'd left it. When questioned why he had done so he told us the truth about not being able to find it. Had he asked we could have told him exactly where it was. I hasten to add that this was the year that Glastonbury asked for tents to be left behind so that they could be given to charity (have I got that right?). I think they failed to state that they should be taken down and handed in somewhere.

I did last year solely on wine apart from a few cold ciders in the sun going to do the same again this year. Cuts down on the weight to carry and is meant to be warm, just make sure you get a decent bag in the box, disgusting wine at 8am isn't going to make anyone happy

10 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

just make sure you get a decent bag in the box, disgusting wine at 8am isn't going to make anyone happy

Or just bring decent wine in old plastic bottles which is what we did on the afore mentioned occassion. Mind you, after a day or two one's ability to be discerning goes out of the window. There are times when I'm sure that I would suck piss of a thistle if I knew it had an alcohol content.

Great idea a couple of 24hr bars.

The Saturday the stones played i spent a great hour with a couple of pissheads from Nottingham at about 9am in a bar near the other stage. Proper laugh and got the day started in the right way.

Probably the best day I've had at the festival and I thank the 24hr bar for it.

11 hours ago, morph100 said:

I always have to go up in alcohol strength throughout the day, start on beer, then cider, then wine, then spirits.

A very wise strategy that I would heartily recommend.

Also on the beers under the tent thing, in 2010 I was packing up at about 2ish on the Monday afternoon and found a couple of cans I'd missed, still at a refreshingly cool drinking temperature, so I suspect that the cool factor lasts longer than most would suspect, not least as it was baking hot that day.