Smashing Pumpkins

Keithy

44 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

It was awesome. I'll never believe anyone that says Nick Cave was the one to be at.

Nick Cave was definitely the one to be at. Happy that I made it over to the Other Stage the song before Disarm. Looking at the setlist I didn't really miss much, apart from a Space Oddity cover...

I also dashed from Nick Cave to see Smashing Pumpkins at the Other Stage, and got there just in time to witness Disarm.  I made the right decision though, staying to watch the full Cave set, surrounded by many who looked genuinely frightened.  Smashing Pumpkins were great, but too many around me seemed disinterested unless they played one of their "hits".

One of my favourite performances of all time was the Smashing Pumpkins at Reading in 1995...my first festival.

2 minutes ago, reevem01 said:

One of my favourite performances of all time was the Smashing Pumpkins at Reading in 1995...my first festival.

I was at Reading for that too. They were blimmin fantastic!

4 minutes ago, reevem01 said:

I also dashed from Nick Cave to see Smashing Pumpkins at the Other Stage, and got there just in time to witness Disarm.  I made the right decision though, staying to watch the full Cave set, surrounded by many who looked genuinely frightened.  Smashing Pumpkins were great, but too many around me seemed disinterested unless they played one of their "hits".

wasn't there, but spent many hours listening to the taped radio broadcast...great set, blistering "jellybelly" opener and then Darcy piping in to warn that they're mainly going to be playing new songs tonght

• 1 month later...

Yeah I was genuinely surprised by that - a damn sight more that Axl and Slash anyway.

I don't really buy into the clamour for the classic Smashing Pumpkins line up but it's nice to see them burying the hatchet and doing something a bit special. Billy must be getting soft in his old age. Must be parenthood... or the cats.