Classic artists you just haven't ever listened too.

roughbloke

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I apologise in advance....but I never really got into David Bowie.  I know loads of his material obviously...but I don't own anything by him at all.

Perhaps now is the time to right that?

Same here. I have a best of CD but other than that, never listened to a full album.

Loads and loads and loads of them. While i know every chord plucked by Jeff Lewis, the Rockingbirds, Cowboy Junkies, Band of Holy Joy and Cornershop, i have never listened to an album by, among others Led Zepplin, Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse, The Doors, ACDC, Pink Floyd, and a million other bands that everyone takes for granted. I never ever went through a classic bands stage. Not ever.

Good thread this, given me a kick up the arse to actually listen to some rather than dismissing them out of hand. Although that probably is more fun.

i'd never even listened to a Beatles album till late last Summer.

Edited by Mardy

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Not really 'classic', but I do not know any Beck whatsoever. I think there was a sample tune on Windows Media Player. Didn't even listen to that one.

Is he good? I know that depends a lot on which type of music I'm into.

Stone Roses. Whatever I've heard, I've been incredibly underwhelmed. Boring as fook. I'm a huge Arctic's, RHCP, Strokes, Radiohead, Queen, Green Day fan, and so many of my mates love the SR's, I just can't get into them at all.

Stone Roses.....that's the only act on this thread mentioned so far that just passed me by, and I'm from Manchester too.

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If its being extended to acts you have just never got into, I have mentioned this before..

Queen. 

I just dont get it.

I know the hits (obviously) but I am not bothered by them and have never felt the need to listen much further than the hits that I don't really like.

I fucking hate Queen

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

I've listened to all of Meddle, but only because I was too mashed to get up and turn it off.

For the same reason I've listened to the DVD disc menu music of The Wire on an endless loop for entire nights at a time.

When you walk through the garden...

This board gave me some pointers on Brand New a few weeks back, up until that point they were pretty much strangers to me. I bought The Devil And God a few weeks back and that was really good. Today I bought Deja Entendu, which I'm listening to now; this is also pretty great. But have have to say that The Devil And God seems the stronger album so far, it just doesn't give a fuck.

7 minutes ago, Bonneville88 said:

I've got a few really - Pink Floyd, Velvet Underground, ACDC, The Doors. They're all meant to be good aren't they?

Also, Catfish and the Bottlemen,

Sack those other loosers off and get listening to Catlady and the Catheterbags, stat.

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I had only heard a couple of LCD Soundsystem tunes, never really been taken to them either.

I hadn't heard an LDC Soundsystem album until 2 weeks ago having been nagged by my friend they were the best thing in the world ever ever ever for years but never been convinced. I'll grant Sound of Silver is decent and I'll likely see them if the Pyramid headliners turn out to be a rumoured this year but still not sure why there is so much fuss over them!

A long long time ago someone told me that their favourite band name for a group was Gaye Bykers on Acid. The second that they told me I also thought that this was my favourite bands name. Then along came a band called Ou Est le Swimming Pool who just stole the show as far as I'm concerned. OK, they're not classic artists, but I have yet to hear anything at all from either band.

Some Facts;

Gaye Bykers on Acid also used to play their own gigs dressed up in womens clothing under the name Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeds - therefore being paid twice for the same gig.

Ou Est le Swimming Pool -  the lead singer committed suicide at the Pukkelpop festival. The band then went on to create a festival called Chazzstock in his honour (Charles Haddon).