Classic artists you just haven't ever listened too.

roughbloke

I have a confession. 

I don't really know Radiohead. I know 15 Step and that's it. 

Is there something wrong with me?

I was just thinking this morning that I'm one of the only ones from my close friendship group to not listen to a Radiohead album and based on the love for them here...that's almost sacrilege!? It's not because I don't like them, I've just never given them a thought. 

I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar boat and could potentially recommend albums for me and other like minded people to have a listen to.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think it nigh on impossible to have listened to all 'classic' artists in depth and kept track of music over the years at the same time.

There is simply so much out there that is worthy of a listen.

I too shall admit I have not listened to much Radiohead. I tried OK Computer a few times but it never grabbed me in any way so that is all I ever heard (knowingly).

I think Radiohead must be one of those artists that you either love or you just don't get it. Personally I think In Rainbows is a good album but their earlier stuff just doesn't tickle my pickle at all.

As for stuff I've just not listened to but should have, Pink Floyd is probably mine.  

Have made an effort to start listening to more Nick Drake over the last few months, started with Five Leaves Left which I enjoyed and was surprised by actually. Pink Moon will be next on my list for sure.

Dylan is probably one I'm a little guilty of avoiding too, no idea why. Like the odd album track from albums, but never really sat down and listened to 'em in full. 

Edited by GlastoSimon

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

If you are not aware of it, the RAM Album Club is a thing of joy. People listening to classic albums for the first time.

Nope, not heard of this one. Cheers, will come back to this.

Hmmm, what's classic? I'd find it easier to pick individual albums, rather than point to a group or person and place them on the pedestal.  Even then, with radio, youtube, and snippets I read about, that lead me to new music I could even narrow it down to classic tracks, but that would be a shame to miss out on those albums that the artists built up. Coming back to Radiohead, I'd even prefer 15 Step to continue as it started, instead of morphing into melodic synths.