VIP tickets

donshakey

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I haven't been to Reading for around a decade, but they must have massively improved it or something, cos it never used to be.

its a whole complex now but you need a extra pass as its sub divided- its all corporate sponsors now - one year Levi Strauss & Co was there - they had a smaller bar but it was full of fancy video games and it was all free drinks but ' it was by invitation only ' - customers were asking at the normal guest bar how they could get in - in fact entry was a ' Levi button ' - they had asked the WBC to set it up so my crew pass got me in - very strange one that as most people only asked for one drink when in fact there was no limit -another year they had a fancy restaurant with loads of staff - later found out it was BT who had set it up.

but its Hyde Park where they have the most divides - I know for a fact they openly sell Hospitality passes on the open market but its crazy money and the deeper you go the higher the cost - they sell a table at £30,000 { I think it was for six - free food drink etc etc } - cant recall who was playing but I doubt if they even bothered to watch the act - have no clue how it breaks down as there was various Hospitality Companies selling them all I know is some people are making a bloody lot of money.

10 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Know someone who buys the VIP tickets for the bar at Glastonbury you describe. From what I can tell they spend most of the time stood watching pyramid acts by the t-shirt/wateraid stall, then going back to the bar and that's about it. 

yep. That part of the site is the least-festival part of the festival.

16 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Know someone who buys the VIP tickets for the bar at Glastonbury you describe. From what I can tell they spend most of the time stood watching pyramid acts by the t-shirt/wateraid stall, then going back to the bar and that's about it. 

I had these tickets in 04 and toddled back once for an hour. Had a beer beside Kings of Leon and said hello to them but quickly got bored of record company clingers on over stating how they don't really watch any gigs. Their message being, they were too cool for that getting involved with the festival thing.

Only took them as it guaranteed me a ticket at the time. But I think I only paid an extra 30 or 40 quid. Wouldn't recommend it. Very boring back there. 

we were lucky enough to go and back stage at the circus bar [ dont know if thats wot its called but its off that field ] to see our friends band pronghorn ...they were ok BUT we had a real blast with some strangers missed florance but had a ball

got a friend whos playing the unfair bit this year .....think its the same bar if so i hope to vist it again lol

I found one of these last year blowing along the grass. Was Friday about lunchtime and I had been back at the car for supplies.

Right on the grass path coming back from the pink car park. Knew it was a ticket straight away. Had a name on it eg J Smith but no photo. Was £375 if I remember and it said something about you must provide proof that you are " J Smith " to gain access to the festival.

Had a seat on the grass and opened a cider and waited to see if someone would frantically rush past looking at the ground etc. They didn`t. Didn`t really know how to try and get the guy his ticket back so walked back in still looking at everyone to see if they looked mega stressed and were staring all over the ground etc but didn`t happen.

When I got back to our field ( Wicket ) I gave it to the folk that look after the field and told them where I`d found it. The fella radioed it in as lost and found to the Site Office. 

Always hoped the guy got reunited with it. Imagine getting to the car park and then your ticket falling out your pocket and getting lost. What a nightmare.

48 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I found one of these last year blowing along the grass. Was Friday about lunchtime and I had been back at the car for supplies.

Right on the grass path coming back from the pink car park. Knew it was a ticket straight away. Had a name on it eg J Smith but no photo. Was £375 if I remember and it said something about you must provide proof that you are " J Smith " to gain access to the festival.

Had a seat on the grass and opened a cider and waited to see if someone would frantically rush past looking at the ground etc. They didn`t. Didn`t really know how to try and get the guy his ticket back so walked back in still looking at everyone to see if they looked mega stressed and were staring all over the ground etc but didn`t happen.

When I got back to our field ( Wicket ) I gave it to the folk that look after the field and told them where I`d found it. The fella radioed it in as lost and found to the Site Office. 

Always hoped the guy got reunited with it. Imagine getting to the car park and then your ticket falling out your pocket and getting lost. What a nightmare.

well done for handing it back.

The Trader tickets also do not have any photo on it { just name and Company } - the first year they switched over to pre registration I ended up with one - at least that year they were not valid at the normal gates - they had a separate entry point where in theory they did the checks although I cant say what the checks were because one of the Security Supervisors spotted me so he gave me a lift in his Landrover and dropped me at the crew site so while I had a ticket no one asked to see it - I handed in my one to the staff office so I assume it was passed on to someone else - Later on I did walk though the press/guest entry point and there was loads who did not have ID on them but did not hang about to see what happened - In recent years due to some joker shipping in so called workers { who were in fact paying for a seat } in a minibus and then driving straight back out and bringing in another load they have tightened that up - last year they were checking up a GFL Photo database on a iPad and were issuing a GFL crew wristband when we were on the coach and then we were rechecked four times before they let the crew coach though onto the site - this year I suspect there will be even more checks

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, guypjfreak said:

we were lucky enough to go and back stage at the circus bar [ dont know if thats wot its called but its off that field ] to see our friends band pronghorn ...they were ok BUT we had a real blast with some strangers missed florance but had a ball

got a friend whos playing the unfair bit this year .....think its the same bar if so i hope to vist it again lol

Is that called the green room bar by any chance?

On 05/02/2016 at 8:25 AM, JoeyT said:

Is that called the green room bar by any chance?

not sure BUT this is what it looked like .......it was sort of opposite where the printing shop/thing was/is

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=back+stage+bars+at+glastonbury+festival&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiai9eGlOTKAhVMSRoKHVB5DZcQsAQIMQ&biw=1024&bih=452#imgrc=7wgBRvGhPfwjEM%3A

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:
2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:
well the first image that comes up is one of my images

and that is the normal guest bar close to the Pyramid stage { and between there and the Other stage }

backstage-bar.jpg

20 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

backstage-bar.jpg

ah well thats wot i remember it looking like very nice people ..we were there cos our friends in Pronghorn were playing but as we had seen them loads me and the misses got really drunk with some lovely strangers we met and i filled my bag with the plastic pint cups lol got some friends playing the unfair ground some will pop back again lol

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

ah well thats wot i remember it looking like very nice people ..we were there cos our friends in Pronghorn were playing but as we had seen them loads me and the misses got really drunk with some lovely strangers we met and i filled my bag with the plastic pint cups lol got some friends playing the unfair ground some will pop back again lol

- it cant be the same beer tent because

{1} its in the wrong place
{2} that beer tent { in my image } was not there in 2014/2015 as they used a completely different tent

here is a shot from another year looking at the field from a different angle and as you can see its a massive enclosed area and there is not that amount of enclosed free space in the circus area.

if you are backstage in the circus area  this year - take a shot of the beer tent and the area and I bet they don't match up.

Ima443ge1.jpg

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

- it cant be the same beer tent because

{1} its in the wrong place
{2} that beer tent { in my image } was not there in 2014/2015 as they used a completely different tent

here is a shot from another year looking at the field from a different angle and as you can see its a massive enclosed area and there is not that amount of enclosed free space in the circus area.

if you are backstage in the circus area  this year - take a shot of the beer tent and the area and I bet they don't match up.

Ima443ge1.jpg

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

that top pic is the bar between the pyramid and other stage ...that one i know as being disabled you can pop through from one stage to the other having a nice pint on the way lol

but yea if we do go have beer this year if im in a good state ill take a pic

I agree that they need to be called hospitality tickets instead of VIP tickets. If they were the latter you would not pay double for them!  

that being said, I know several people who get them every year as filmmakers/journalists but essentially they have an "in" and don't actually do any work  whilst at the festival  

The only "benefit" is the backstage area (nice flush toilets for their precious assholes) by the pyramid stage with the shortcut which isn't that great, the ability to blag your way into other backstage areas and beat the naughty corner queue because you have a different wristband, and the hospitality camping area. This camping area, which is supposedly being moved this year, is the only (arguably) real perk. It has hot showers and is less crowded because the number of people who camp with these tickets is small. Most with these tickets go to private campsites or stay in local accomodation.  You also have your own car park which is right next to the campsite so you can carry more stuff in.  It goes without saying that it is devoid of atmosphere. 

I've been there and it's full of self-important douches.