The Pit

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for a handful of Glassjaw, letlive., Deafheaven, Creeper, Modern Baseball, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Pianos Become the Teeth, TWIABP, Sum 41 (headline?), Cane Hill, Hundredth, Pulled Apart By Horses, Every Time I Die, Arcane Roots, The Black Dahlia Murder, Converge, Knuckle Puck, Napoleon, Polar, Architects, Thy Art Is Murder and Wounds

Well I've got nothing better do so here is an alphabetical list of acts I'd like to play The Lock Up/Pit

Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties (or just a Soupy solo set you know)
Arcane Roots
Architects
At The Drive-In (My faith would be restored if they headlined)
Basement
Brand New (some comment above)
Captain, We're Sinking (please D P Carter, make my dreams come true)
Converge
Creeper
Deafheaven
Descendents
Defeater
The Dillinger Escape Plan
DZ Deathrays
Every Time I Die
Fall Of Troy
Feed The Rhino
FIDLAR
Forever Losing Sleep
Four Year Strong
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
The Front Bottoms
Funeral For A Friend (final shows)
Gallows (with Frank Carter, fuck Wade)
The Get Up Kids
Giants
Gnarwolves
Heck
The Hotelier
Jeff Rosenstock
Joyce Manor
Knuckle Puck
LA Dispute
letlive.
Mastodon
Modern Baseball
Mongol Horde
Neck Deep
Pulled Apart By Horses
PUP
ROAM
Rolo Tomassi
Saves The Day
Seaway
Set Your Goals
Spraynard
The Story So Far
Title Fight
TWIABP 
The Wonder Years (main stage sucks)

And if we're throwing realism completley out the window (even more so) I'll have Cap'n Jazz, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Snowing and Your Demise

Thanks

Edited by justanothername

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Crossfaith and Parkway for Main Stage, then? I think that TWY will get a Main Stage slot also. 

I'd like to see Bury Tomorrow, Gnarwolves, Grader, The Story So Far, Deez Nuts, Modern Baseball, TWIABP, Creeper and Four Year Strong.

Can see Bury Tomorrow getting a main stage slot this year. Didn't they do The Pit last year?

Clutch are around in August. I feel like they could headline The Pit.

Probably less likely if Mastodon are to come straight back into the slot they vacated last year but that never really happens with R+L and I think they could be main stage instead after a new album is released.

Unless they play a bigger slot, Sum-41 are absolutely nailed on to headline the Lock Up.

NOFX are around as well however they're always around and might even be on the Rebellion line up - I know Descendents are so they're probably out.

So Clutch, Sum-41 and some crap band. Would have said Parkway Drive fit the last slot but it seems that they're on main so maybe Andre has a suggestion for it. :P

edit: not that Sum-41 aren't crap but they're for the Lock Up if they play, I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

Yes to the majority of justanothername's list and tbh most of the ones I wouldn't say yes to are because I've not listened to them yet.

Probably the main band that I would want are Death From Above 1979 to headline while RHCP are on. Well actually the band I want the most, and for a bit of a curveball, would be Cursive. Although they would probably be more likely for FR (despite being unlikely to play either).

Edited by SOAD

8 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Everyone seems to be saying Sum 41 for Lock-up, is it not a bit small for them? Wouldn't they be better suited to the NME stage, especially as the new album will be out by then to? 

i think you're overestimating Sum 41's current popularity. i know there's a bit of hype about them coming back, but they're not that big (especially not headlining NME big). headlining the Lock-Up would be perfect for them these days

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i think you're overestimating Sum 41's current popularity. i know there's a bit of hype about them coming back, but they're not that big (especially not headlining NME big). headlining the Lock-Up would be perfect for them these days

They did sell out their Kerrang Tour dates pretty quick, London flew out! I wouldn't be surprised by them being a few down on NME or lower main stage.

On 28 January 2016 at 4:23 PM, justanothername said:

Can see Bury Tomorrow getting a main stage slot this year. Didn't they do The Pit last year?

I did think that they would play Main, but While She Sleeps played Pit two years in a row and I think subbing The Pit on the back of Earthbound (which is massive, btw!) would be the perfect spot for them. 

Something along the lines of this would be great: 

Mastodon / Bury Tomorrow / Crossfaith / Deafheaven / Kvelertak 

Glassjaw / Every Time I Die / letlive. / Brian Fallon / La Dispute 

Sum 41 / Anti-Flag / The King Blues / The Story So Far / Modern Baseball  

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I did think that they would play Main, but While She Sleeps played Pit two years in a row and I think subbing The Pit on the back of Earthbound (which is massive, btw!) would be the perfect spot for them. 

Decent enough lockup for me. Although Saturday other than Brian Fallon would be unbelievable. First day I would definately head in for Kvelertak and possibly Mastodon depending on other headliners. Crossfaith I'd probably catch on main as wouldn't be surprised if they are the act who do both (although King Blues I wouldn't be surprised at either). Last day don't think I'd bother with any bands. Maybe Modern Baseball. I'd move Letlive, King Blues and Crossfaith all up a slot as they are arguably bigger than the bands they are below.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That top 4 Sunday is great, won't be that good though.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah but if it the start of booking the same bands for the stage each year then it will become boring

Also that Saturday, but I must say that letlive. would probably be above ETID. letlive. played 3rd in 2014 whilst ETID played 4th. Would be happy with Mastodon, Deafheaven, The Story So Far and Modern Baseball as well

I reckon this would be quite a cool way to go with the Pit this year:

Sum 41
Alkaline Trio
The King Blues
Marmozets
Capdown
Ignite

Billy Talent
Mclusky
Letlive
The Front Bottoms (Doing both Main and The Pit)
Modern Baseball
Kevin Devine & The Goddamn Band

Mastodon
Against Me!
Sikth
La Dispute
Blood Command

55 minutes ago, SOAD said:

I reckon this would be quite a cool way to go with the Pit this year:

Sum 41
Alkaline Trio
The King Blues
Marmozets

Capdown
Ignite

Billy Talent
Mclusky
Letlive
The Front Bottoms (Doing both Main and The Pit)
Modern Baseball
Kevin Devine & The Goddamn Band

Mastodon
Against Me!
Sikth
La Dispute
Blood Command

That, especially the top would give a clash headache, I don't mind Against Me! but not such an issue.