When does your Glastonbury buzz start.....

Swine_Glasto2014

Mine tends too start almost immediately after the Last Festival finishes, for about two weeks. Then all is forgotten (almost) until ticket day, then a whole new feeling of dread, excitement starts.

Then it dies down again for a bit, the odd conversation strikes up between friends, Christmas and new year drowns it again. 

The last few days though it's really started too creep in again. I'm blaming it on the lack of announcements and the waiting.

I think now it's going too become a weekly thought and will soon start to keep me awake with random glastonbury thoughts at one o'clock in the morning.

I can't get excited till I have a ticket (and indeed I've been avoiding eFests since the autumn until I knew my worker place was confirmed) but once I know I'm going back my brain is pretty much a constant stream of WHENWILLTHEREBEANANNOUNCEMENTSHITWHERESMYTENTDOINEEDNEWBOOTSWILLITRAIN for the next six months. Suffice to say I'm good for nothing for the whole of June :)

When I got my ticket.... then a lull til any announcement.

Normally the week before is when I am so hyped up it is great but sometimes stuff gets in the way of that so the build up is lost.

This year I intend to become 100% buried in over excitement for at least a week before hand and nothing will get in the way this year. Nothing.

Well it normally starts feb/march each year which is the time I  hear about my Team allocation but I was told last July that my Team places for this year { including Glastonbury } was already reserved so its far different this year - it does help the other people on the Team who can book leave - book flights { one lives in Iceland so he has already booked his flight } so really all I have to do is wait for the crew coach link to come in - we could drive but its a far longer walk from the crew car park to the crew campsite and seeing the crew coach drops us at the crew campsite on the Tuesday { we only need to walk 40 feet } we would have to be daft to drive.

+ its good fun at the Coach pick up point   

I am able to pick my own Team shifts due to my long service so its all sorted out long before I ever set foot onsite.

Once I hear from the set up crew and they confirm where the camp is { I think we are on camp #8 - it moves every few years or so } its all systems Go. 

As soon as I got my ticket. It seems ludicrous to be spending as much time on this board as I do at the moment considering we are nowhere near an announcement (almost certainly an announcement i'll be disappointed with too). That said this festival has a magic that is unmatched by any other and it takes a hold of you as soon as you know you are on your way. I love reading people's speculations, recollections, tips and getting involved in the whole anticipation of it all.

Needless to say my buzz is definitely on right now!

My excitement for the fest usually goes up in notches as the various other events which happen  pass by.

Once we're over Feb and the NME & Brit awards it's March and so begins the "when will the line up be released" debacle which keeps me entertained for a month along with the gathering pace of self confirmations of small bands on social media.

March also marks the first time I can sit in the garden in the sunshine listening to the glasto playlist! So that ramps the excitement up a bit more.

Once we're in to April we're in to lineup could be announced at any moment territory and we pay off the ticket balance (excitement rises whilst bank balance lowers)

Then we get the announcement, excitement hits near maximum and I ride that wave all the way till I'm in the east campervan fields on Tuesday afternoon of the fest :D

Ticket day, lineup announcement, balance due date, resale date are the obvious ones.

On top of that there are odd things that bring it to mind. For example it was the wifes birthday last weekend and I had arranged a Glastonbury themed party for her and our 'Krew'. Took her shopping to get her a new frock for the party, of course while she was traipsing round the womens fashion outlets I wandered into Blacks to have a good root round the camping stuff. She got a £30 party frock and I got a £40 pair of walking boots (they were half price, what could I do):)

After the linup is announced it gets much more full on because I waste a shit ton of time listening to everyone I've not heard of and brushing up on old favourites.