Mad Cool Festival 2016 - Madrid 16-18th June

johnybegood

A new festival festival is happening in Madrid June 16-18th. It will have 5 different stages, is placed in "La Caja Mágica" (where the Tennis Master Series is played) and they will try so sell 45.000 tickets.

First batch of names: 

-Neil Young, The Prodigy, Two Door Cinema Club, Jane’s Addiction (playing Ritual de lo Habitual), Bastille, John Grant, Band of Horses, Caribou, Capital Cities, Flume, Stereophonics, Kings Of Convenience, Django Django, Hercules & Love Affair, Milky Chance, Enter Shikari, Gary Clark Jr., Michael Kiwanuka, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Twin Atlantic, The Struts, The London Souls, Lucy Rose, Nothing But Thieves, Vetusta Morla, 091, Lori Meyers, L.A, Fuel Fandango, Angel Stanich, Corizonas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Might well be going to this. No day splits so far but I've had a look at a few bands dates and it looks like The Who will play the Thursday, the Prodigy most likely the Friday and NY the Saturday.

Confirmed days are

Thursday
The Who, Janes Addiction, Die Antwoord, The Strypes, Flume, The Kills, Mily Chance, Nothing But thieves

Friday
Temples, Stereophonics, Caribou, Twin Atlantic, 

Saturday
John Grant, Walk off the earth.

Although this may not be 100% as the dates that stated the Thursday could just mean the start of the festival. Fridays and Saturdays are right though.

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

Might well be going to this. No day splits so far but I've had a look at a few bands dates and it looks like The Who will play the Thursday, the Prodigy most likely the Friday and NY the Saturday.

Confirmed days are

Thursday
The Who, Janes Addiction, Die Antwoord, The Strypes, Flume, The Kills, Mily Chance, Nothing But thieves

Friday

Saturday

Although this may not be 100% as the dates that stated the Thursday could just mean the start of the festival. Fridays and Saturdays are right though.

They are releasing the day splits this thursday at 9pm (Spanish time)

Decent line up and definitely has potential. Thanks for the heads up (I haven't heard of this otherwise). Unfortunately I've got the Roses in Manchester and Glastonbury that week so can't really do it this year, but I've never been to Madrid and when i do go I will probably tie it in with this festival if they have lineups like that in the future

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Confirmed days are

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Was doing the same thing, we can also add Gary Clark Jr. on saturday

33 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Unless, the black font is one stage, and grey another...or am I overthinking 

There will be 5 stages + a 6th small stage for local bands not announced yet. 

So you have to split the bands in 5 stages.

The concerts will start at 6pm until 4am and the timetable will be released before the end of march.

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

There will be 5 stages + a 6th small stage for local bands not announced yet. 

So you have to split the bands in 5 stages.

The concerts will start at 6pm until 4am and the timetable will be released before the end of march.

Excellent. 

I know watching football tournaments gets a lot of bashing on here, but with England and ROI (being half/half) kicking off at 3pm local time during the festival, i'm really pleased with this.