airwaves

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Just heard on the news that the current likely date for the Europe Membership Referendum is likely to be Thursday 23 June 2016.

So, if you really want to vote in this looks like you'll need to apply for a postal vote.

Postal vote then. Europe sucks!

25 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Just heard on the news that the current likely date for the Europe Membership Referendum is likely to be Thursday 23 June 2016.

So, if you really want to vote in this looks like you'll need to apply for a postal vote.

Postal vote it is then, Europe is essential 

28 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Postal vote it is then. I am undecided.

Just so all opinions get mentioned :D

5 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

Hopefully that'll mean school's a polling station and I can get there on the Wednesday for the first time since I last worked at it in 1999! 

As for the vote, it's simple: what would Thatcher have done? Stay in then.

I'm not sure Thatcher would have liked been told what to do by Europe. It's very different since then!

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Out of Europe and you can kiss goodbye all the Human Rights legislation. Then the Tories will be really unchained and you had better hope and pray that any hotbed of contrary opinion like Glasto survives the inevitable crackdown...

Yep and even if it does the 5 days you need will be half of your yearly holiday days!

Edited by efcfanwirral

I would question that claimed date

from - http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-26/pressing-eu-issues-may-delay-the-uks-eu-referendum-date/

A June date for the UK's referendum on EU membership will be "difficult" to achieve unless a deal on the UK's EU relationship can be agreed in February, the foreign secretary has said.Philip Hammond told the House of Lords EU Committee that date would be "impossible" if a deal wasn't agreed by March.

==========

Cameron has to give 16 weeks notice

There is in fact a European Council meeting on 23-24 June and he may have to wait until the end of that before setting a date if he thinks a deal can be made.

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm certain we will stay in. We will be bombarded with lies and mistruths much like the Scots were with their independence referendum.  

Yeah, bombarded with mistruths by people like Nigel Farage - the most establishment, out of touch idiot of them all. Guy claims to be an outsider, a man of the people, while doing an interview wearing a tweed jacket and avoiding questions on his twenty years as a commodities trader in the City.

Even Cameron and Gideon Osborne feel it is essential to remain a member of the EU. Speaks volumes.

He's got france, germany, austria and the netherlands onside for some of his benefit restriction ideas (obviously not the 4 year ban, but I doubt he ever really expected to get that) as they need such policies themselves to fend off the right wing nutters who are getting support in their countries. The ability to limit immigrant numbers during surges, the so-called emergency handbrake, will also allow him to come home and gloat about a "triumph", and will hopefully secure the win to stay in europe. You never know though, as there are a lot of thick people in this country, but most of them will be too idle to bother voting.

The likes of poland and the other east-euros will just be slapped down or bribed with some rebate or other.