Groezrock 2016

ska_punk69

Coming to Groezrock this year for the first time and need some advice. Me and my mate are flying in Thursday to Monday and we are looking for somewhere to stay. We have decided not to camp, i'm almost 30 and my old bones cannot handle sleeping on the ground anymore and have witnessed some really dreadfull campsites/campers in my time.  Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel or bnb around there or can you tell me how easy it is to get to and from the festival? Ive heard not great already, but needed a second opinion.

P.s how on earth do I change my dreadful username? I don't think ive used this since I was a child.

I've been 5 times to Groezrock (from 2010 to 2014) and every year we stayed in Hasselt that is 20 minutes by car from Meerhout. We found there cheap and nice hotels (Express By Holiday Inn and Ibis). Every year we flew to Charleroi Airport and hired a car there. You can also look for an hotel in Geel or Mol than even closer to the festival.

It's a great festival with a great atmosphere. The paradise for all the people who love punk and hardcore music.

Thanks, I will definitely look into those areas. What is transport like in the area? Neither of us will be driving as a lot of beer will be getting drank. Are there taxi's within easy reach. The Flexotel thing looks pretty cool, but maybe just a last resort if we are feeling rich.

Really cannot wait for the festival, the line up  so far is insane for me, Less Than Jake, Rancid. Ahhhh hurry up April.

There are taxis in the front door of the festival in the night. Maybe a taxi is too expensive  if you go to Hasselt. Try to find a closer hotel and the taxi will be cheaper. Also try to find an apartment using airbnb or wimdu. Last year some friends found an apartment in Meerhout (20 minutes walk from the festival).

Enjoy it!!!

• 1 month later...

More questions!!
Ok so we are booked to stay in Meerhout from the Thursday night but we are aware it is remote as hell. Anyone know of anywhere we can go to drink? My friend seems to believe there is a Groezrock event/gig that night but as yet has not been confirmed. If not I will be drinking beers in bed.

1 hour ago, ska_punk69 said:

More questions!!
Ok so we are booked to stay in Meerhout from the Thursday night but we are aware it is remote as hell. Anyone know of anywhere we can go to drink? My friend seems to believe there is a Groezrock event/gig that night but as yet has not been confirmed. If not I will be drinking beers in bed.

Your friend is right. The night before the festival there is a gig with some bands from the festival + some local bands in a small venue near the festival. The venue is so small (maybe 300 people) and no tickets are sold. First come, first served.

• 1 month later...

This will be my 8th Groezrock since 2008 (I skipped 2014). It's an awesome festival, second to Gaineville FEST.

There are small party tents with bands and DJs playing on the path that leads from the festival entrance to the village, so you will be able to have beer there. It's always a fun night. Also plenty of good food stalls so make sure you get a Bicky Burger!

Line up of the small gig is here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/966029603487831/