Lovebox 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8 July 2016 at 0:42 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone know when we're likely to get stage times and splits for this?

Citadel, which is on the next day, have released theirs so hopefully soon! 

LCD at Glasto was, I'm afraid, amazing. However, hopefully we will get Home at Lovebox!

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Citadel, which is on the next day, have released theirs so hopefully soon! 

LCD at Glasto was, I'm afraid, amazing. However, hopefully we will get Home at Lovebox!

Well in one way I'm gutted not to be there, but of course I'm pleased to hear they were on good form. And also, grudgingly, that you guys had a good time.

Is Citadel anything to do with Lovebox? Seems really odd to me that they share the space for the weekend.

I'm not sure if it's the same promoter but I guess it makes sense to use the infrastructure as much as possible - hence put another fest on on the Sunday. So I'm expecting the layout to be very similar the next day (am guessing some poor sod gets up at about 6am and rips all the branding down!).

Actually, now i think about it, both fests have a Fabric stage so it may well be the same promoter.

There are £22 tickets going if you're interested.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I'm not sure if it's the same promoter but I guess it makes sense to use the infrastructure as much as possible - hence put another fest on on the Sunday. So I'm expecting the layout to be very similar the next day (am guessing some poor sod gets up at about 6am and rips all the branding down!).

Actually, now i think about it, both fests have a Fabric stage so it may well be the same promoter.

There are £22 tickets going if you're interested.

For Citadel? I'm semi-interested, as I'd like to see Sigur Ros. But from the point of view of being tired/hungover and the amount of money I'll likely spend on the Saturday probably not wise...

22 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

For Citadel? I'm semi-interested, as I'd like to see Sigur Ros. But from the point of view of being tired/hungover and the amount of money I'll likely spend on the Saturday probably not wise...

I'm in the same boat... but then I thought f@ck it at that price. At the very worst I'll just drag myself up the Overground line for Caribou and Sigur Ros (bargain at the £27 I paid).

George Clinton and LCD Soundsystem timings are the same as clash finder, yep: 3:10-4:10p and 9:00-10:50pm. Presume who ever put clash finder together was basing the timings on last year and they've been kept the same. From a quick scan the rest looks the same too. 

Was going to suggest Kiasmos (recommended to me the other day) but now they're clashing with Clinton :(

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well I want to see around three or four... but yeah I'm pretty clash-free. It's a handy little app though, got a map and info about the bands and that.

Anyone know what the security is like there in terms of bag searching? From what I can tell pretty stringent!

I've only been to Field Day to Vic Park before, but I elaborately hid a bottle of booze disguised as water on my person while my girlfriend walked in with a bottle of water in her hand. They let us both in without even checking her bottle, though we were all lined up and sniffer dogged.

Not sure if this is good or bad news for you!

Good work on the £25 ticket! Ours worked out about £50 each in the end, but that was for the whole weekend, so yeah I guess about £25... we're just going to wander over after work tomorrow for a couple of hours and check out the lay of the land. Might see Goldie. But yeah, I'd pay at least £40 for LCD and really looking forward to seeing George Clinton again.

Jungle kinda bored me when I watched their 6music performance on TV. Was that representative?

I've always found it to be pretty good for a London festival, I prefer it to gigs in hyde park etc, it feels like more of a party vibe. LCD are quite a different headliner compared to what Lovebox have booked in recent years, so I'm intrigued what the crowd for them will be like. I'm going with about 10 friends this time.. we'll be getting stuck in that's for sure!