Lovebox 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This festival looks good - I believe I'll be going. Very amped for another bout of Run The Jewels and missed LCD Soundsystem last time round. Last ticket release at the moment, at 90 pounds for a weekend ticket - does anyone think it will sell out, should I get in and buy soon?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took me a while to track this one down - assumed it'd be in the UK festivals thread....

We've just decided to go for the Saturday - it's bloody expensive but I think it's just about worth it for LCD and George Clinton. Presuming those two won't clash?

Keen to hear any other recommendations from the bill and any feedback from people who've been before.

Will it sell out? Hoping to get tickets in next couple of weeks :)

My mate made my mind up for during a WhatsApp convo.

"I'm getting the tickets now, do you want one?"

"I'll see they're really expensive."

"I just got yours, you owe me £65."

"Fair enough - can't wait!"

We all need a friend like that.

Edited by Homer

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

My mate made my mind up for during a WhatsApp convo.

"I'm getting the tickets now, do you want one?"

"I'll see they're really expensive."

"I just got yours, you owe me £65."

"Fair enough - can't wait!"

We all need a friend like that.

I'm having a similar discussion with my other half, but with me playing the role of your friend.

It's crazy expensive, but it's LCD. And I'm sure there'll be other good stuff on the bill besides Clinton. And I'm reckless.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI for those on O2 Priority you can get 2 for 1 Lovebox tickets until tomorrow - pretty good deal.

We were only going to go for the Saturday but I've gone for this anyway as crazily one weekend ticket still works out cheaper than buying two day tickets! Will be nice to wander over on Friday after work too, although I've no idea about anyone on the bill besides Major Lazer and Run The Jewels. Both of whom I've seen before and might do again.

So excited that I'm now officially seeing LCD! It's been too long... Also the food options look pretty wicked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2016 at 3:18 PM, brayshizzle said:

How is Lovebox? 

I have done field day but found the crowd hard to deal with. What is Lovebox crowd like?

I would also like to know this - also, not having been to field day, any feedback in general about the site etc. Not too fussed anyway as it's always fairly easy to avoid the w*nkers at most things...

Food options look great! 

My wristbands arrived the other day so really looking forward to this now. LCD! 

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If it weren't for Latitude I'd be there on Saturday. Can't argue with LCD Soundsystem, George Clinton and Kiasmos.

Ooh what are Kiasmos like then? Thanks for the recommendation.

Very jealous about Latitude! See The National for me :)

So... I take it LCD were good at Glastonbury? Haven't been able to bring myself to enter the relevant thread...

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So... I take it LCD were good at Glastonbury? Haven't been able to bring myself to enter the relevant thread...

LCD were just perfection at Coachella and really want to see them again but toying with going to latitude for friday/saturday

Kiasmos were brilliant at Latitude last year. very good vibes

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, LCD fucking nailed it at Glastonbury, one for the ages. If their Lovebox show is even half as good, you're in for an amazing evening. I can't really explain what it is that makes them so good, it's just that band, playing those tunes, sounding ridiculously great. The band's having a great time, the crowd are loving it, it's just everything you'd expect, but as good as that can possibly be.

Kiasmos are Olafur Arnolds' side project with his mate. Nice ambient electronica, perfect accompaniment to a relaxing drink.

When I see The National at Latitude, it will be for me!

24 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, LCD fucking nailed it at Glastonbury, one for the ages. If their Lovebox show is even half as good, you're in for an amazing evening. I can't really explain what it is that makes them so good, it's just that band, playing those tunes, sounding ridiculously great. The band's having a great time, the crowd are loving it, it's just everything you'd expect, but as good as that can possibly be.

Kiasmos are Olafur Arnolds' side project with his mate. Nice ambient electronica, perfect accompaniment to a relaxing drink.

When I see The National at Latitude, it will be for me!

All good news! Thanks very much. And enjoy The National :)

23 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not so ambient live, mind. Proper thumping techno.